Banana Pudding. Save On Banana Pudding At Walmart. Find Deals on Banana Jello Pudding in Baking Supplies on Amazon. Blend in condensed milk until smooth.
Chef Zac Young combines two favorites into one luscious layered dessert. In a large saucepan, mix sugar, flour and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. You can cook Banana Pudding using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana Pudding
- You need 40 gr of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 625 ml of whole milk (1% or 2% will work).
- It’s 300 gr of – 400 gr sweetened condensed milk.
- You need of (Use 300 gr then taste it. Add some more to taste).
- You need 2 of large egg yolks, lightly beaten.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3 of large bananas, slices.
- It’s 48 of vanilla wafers (nilla wafers).
- It’s 4 of large egg whites.
- Prepare 50 gr of sugar.
Here in the South, nearly every family has their own spin on the crowd favorite, and there's not a tailgate party, church potluck, or family gathering without it on the menu. Banana pudding is a crowd-pleasing dessert that's surprisingly easy to make. Essentially all banana pudding is, is layers of cookies, bananas, and pudding! Add the remaining whole egg to the yolks.
Banana Pudding instructions
- Combine flour and salt in a medium saucepan. Gradually add milk, condensed milk and yolks, stir well. Cook over medium heat 8 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract. Cover with cling wrap (the cling wrap must touch the surface)..
- Arrange 1 banana slices in bottom of a 8×8 square glass baking dish or a 2-quart baking dish. Spoon one-third of pudding mixture over banana. Arrange 16 wafers on top of pudding. Repeat layers two more times, so total there are 3 layers of bananas, 3 layers of pudding and 3 layers of wafers..
- Preheat the oven to 325°F..
- Beat egg whites at high speed of a mixer until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue evenly over pudding, sealing to edge of dish..
- Bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until golden..
- Let cool at least 30 minutes before serving or after colling down, put it in the fridge for a few hours and serve it cold..
Banana pudding doesn't ask for much. Vanilla pudding, sliced bananas, and fluffy meringue or whipped cream—these are the pillars upon which banana pudding is built. Banana pudding is one of our all-time favorite desserts. Banana pudding is a sweet Southern dessert made with layers of vanilla custard, cookies, and slices of fresh bananas. The dish is then topped with whipped cream or, as in my Grandmother's traditional Southern Banana Pudding recipe, meringue.