Instant Pot Rice pudding. An Instant Pot is one of the most popular brands of electric pressure cookers. They are easy to use and your Instant Pot can help you create this Pressure Cooker Rice Pudding ! I've made rice pudding in my pressure cookers many different ways and this is my favorite way to make it.
Serve immediately, or pour into servings dishes cool then chill. (Pudding will thicken as it cools, so you may want to add a little extra half and half if you're. As the rice pudding mixture heats up, the starch will be released and it will start to thicken. This rice pudding recipe couldn't be easier when made in your Instant Pot® or other multi-functional pressure cooker. You can have Instant Pot Rice pudding using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Rice pudding
- You need 1 cup of Arborio rice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 cups of whole milk, divided*.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of raisins.
Rinse rice until water runs clear. Strain out most of the water and add rice to a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Add milk, water, vanilla extract, cinnamon. Pressure cooker rice pudding is a great dessert to make when you are stuck for time or need to make something quick!
Instant Pot Rice pudding step by step
- In pressure cooking pot, combine rice, water, and salt. Lock the lid in place and select High Pressure and 3 minutes cook time. When beep sounds turn off pressure cooker and use a natural pressure release for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, release any remaining pressure with a quick pressure release..
- Add 1 1/2 cups milk and sugar to rice in pressure cooking pot; stir to combine..
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk eggs with remaining 1/2 cup milk and vanilla. Pour through a fine mesh strainer into pressure cooking pot. Select sauté and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture starts to boil. Turn off pressure cooker. Remove pot from the pressure cooker. Stir in raisins..
- Pudding will thicken as it cools. Serve warm or pour into serving dishes and chill..
- Served topped with whipped cream, and a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg, if desired..
It's one of the Instant Pot drop-and-go recipes where you literally throw everything in, stir. Creamy and healthy, this Instant Pot rice pudding recipe is also easy and convenient! Made from scratch using whole ingredients, with this simple recipe you won't have to stand over the stove top for hours, constantly stirring the pot! Yummy for breakfast or dessert with endless flavor combinations! The Instant Pot Rice Pudding is so easy to make, that now I may be in trouble and make it a few times a week.