Mom’s Rice Pudding. How can I thin rice pudding? Rice puddings tend to thicken as they cool. To thin when reheating, stir in a tablespoon or two of milk.
It is not a dieter's friend but I have lightened it up from time to time. While rice is cooking, in a large bowl mix sugar, canned milk and eggs. Add Cinnamon and nutmeg and stir well. You can have Mom’s Rice Pudding using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mom’s Rice Pudding
- You need 1 Cup of Of Rice uncooked,.
- Prepare of Cook rice according to directions.
- You need 2 cups of Water.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of milk (I used Almond).
- It’s of heated but do not boil Add more to make creamier if desired.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- It’s Dash of Cinnamon.
- It’s Dash of Nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Raisins.
Mom's Rice Pudding recipe: This is a traditional side dish at our family's holiday meals. It was made by my mother, and my mother's mother. Minute Rice was new at that time. The egg whites could be made into a.
Mom’s Rice Pudding instructions
- I use Jasmine rice cooked according to Directions. Place rice in a large bowl..
- In a seperate bowl, add milk, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, (Salt..if needed).
- Slowly add rice and raisin 1/4 cup at a time. Stir gently to mix and blend until all ingredients are blended..
- I like mine after being chilled for 4-24 hours. All flavors’ have blended and made a dessert that brings back so many memories.
- I have also made this great recipe with canned coconut milk. (shake well before opening). Use the same amount of each ingredient..
- Adjust to your taste. I do not add coconut flakes but that is an option you may want.
It's the best I've ever tasted and it gets rave reviews from everyone I serve it to. Sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon, if desired. Rice Pudding with Strawberry SauceReceitas Da Felicidade! Starts with Arborio rice and milk and finished with eggs and Looking for a Creamy Rice Pudding recipe? This is my absolutely favourite rice pudding, that is, in.