Passion fruit panna cotta. The seeds are edible, good for you and promote intestinal health. Mix the milk and cream in a bowl, then pour half into a pan and warm over a low heat. Cover each dish with plastic wrap, making sure wrap does not touch the coconut mixture.
Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Gently whisk in the gelatine until it dissolves. Strain the mixture into a large jug through a fine sieve. You can have Passion fruit panna cotta using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Passion fruit panna cotta
- Prepare 1/2 cup of passion fruit pulp.
- Prepare 200 ml of milk (full fat tetra pack ).
- Prepare 400 ml of whipping cream.
- It’s 80 gm of caster sugar.
- Prepare 3 tsp of gelatine powder.
- It’s 1 cup of Greek yogurt.
- Prepare 1 of vanilla stick , scraped.
- Prepare as needed of zest of lemon.
- You need of Ingredients for passion fruit sauce.
- It’s 3/4 cup of passion fruit pulp.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of icing sugar.
Take the juice off the heat. Method Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for a few minutes. Meanwhile, gently heat the double cream with the sugar, vanilla pod and seeds until it just comes to a boil and the sugar melts, then remove from the heat. Squeeze any excess water from the gelatine leaves, then add them to the pan, stirring until melted.
Passion fruit panna cotta step by step
- Mix milk and cream together. Divide into half..
- In a pan add half the milk and cream along with sugar, scraped vanilla beans,vanilla stick,lemon zest and passion fruit pulp..
- Warm to just boil;when bubbles start forming on the sides, turn off. Keep aside for 15 minutes..
- Warm slightly and turn heat off. Add gelatine powder and whisk until the gilatine dissolves. Strain again..
- Add the remaining milk and cream mixture..
- Whisk in the Greek yogurt..
- Pour into ramekins and set overnight..
- To remove the panna cotta take a bowl of hot water. Dip the ramekins for 5- 10 seconds. Invert onto a serving plate. Serve along with passion fruit sauce..
- Passion fruit sauce: mix together icing sugar and he passion fruit pulp..
- Warm slightly for 5 minutes..
- Cool until serving..
Add the cream, coconut cream, caster sugar and lemon juice, heat everything together, then gently boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Cook over a low heat, stirring to dissolve sugar, until mixture simmers. Remove from heat and add the gelatine mixture. To serve add a spoonful of soft whipped cream on top of the panna cottas. But the panna cotta itself was excellent.