Mom’s Rice Pudding. It is not a dieter's friend but I have lightened it up from time to time. Tools used to make this Rice Pudding recipe. Medium Saucepan: I don't what I'd do without this saucepan.
My mom has always made her rice pudding with milk and ever since I was a little girl, I've always loved it. It's the best I've ever tasted and it gets rave reviews from everyone I serve it to. If desired, sprinkle with nutmeg, cinnamon or simply garnish with fresh berries. You can cook Mom’s Rice Pudding using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mom’s Rice Pudding
- You need 1 Cup of Of Rice uncooked,.
- It’s of Cook rice according to directions.
- Prepare 2 cups of Water.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk (I used Almond).
- You need of heated but do not boil Add more to make creamier if desired.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- It’s Dash of Cinnamon.
- You need Dash of Nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Raisins.
This thick, creamy dessert is easy to make. It has a sweet dusting of cinnamon or nutmeg (or both!) and optional addition of raisins. When I am making any other rice dish, I make extra rice for this wonderful dessert or breakfast treat. It's the best I've ever tasted and it gets rave reviews from everyone I serve it to.
Mom’s Rice Pudding instructions
- I use Jasmine rice cooked according to Directions. Place rice in a large bowl..
- In a seperate bowl, add milk, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, (Salt..if needed).
- Slowly add rice and raisin 1/4 cup at a time. Stir gently to mix and blend until all ingredients are blended..
- I like mine after being chilled for 4-24 hours. All flavors’ have blended and made a dessert that brings back so many memories.
- I have also made this great recipe with canned coconut milk. (shake well before opening). Use the same amount of each ingredient..
- Adjust to your taste. I do not add coconut flakes but that is an option you may want.
Sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon, if desired. For creamier pudding, use short or medium grain rice." Home » Recipes » Dessert Recipes » Crock Pot Rice Pudding. This rice pudding is the perfect warm breakfast or dessert!. Mom's Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding I remember my Mom telling me about her mother's rice pudding. She used to bake it in the oven and it was one of my mom's favorites.