Wheat rava kheer. Godhuma rava payasam is a fairly simple prasadam, a breeze to make and not to mention, comforting. The main ingredients in this particular payasam are cracked wheat aka broken wheat and jaggery. Cracked wheat goes by the name godhuma rava in telugu, daliya in hindi, gothumai ravai in tamil and gothambu rava in malayalam.
Godhuma Rava Payasam is a Dalia/Broken Wheat Payasam that is a Tamilian speciality prepared during festivals and celebrations. This particular payasam uses Broken Wheat and is a healthy alternative to the usual Rice Kheer. Instead of sugar, it also uses jaggery which is pumped with iron. You can have Wheat rava kheer using 10 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Wheat rava kheer
- You need 1 cup of wheat rava red one.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of elago pwd.
- Prepare of Jaggery 1/2 cup melted.
- Prepare of Cashews.
- Prepare of Almonds.
- Prepare of Kismis.
- It’s of Ll few.
- It’s of Ghee 2 tsp big.
How to Make Wheat Coconut Payasam Recipe with Step by Step Photos. A healthy South Indian Payasam Recipe with wheat rava / gothumai rava / godhuma rava, jaggery and fresh coconut. A perfect and easy naivedyam recipe for festivals like Navratri, Onam, Makar Sankranti, Ganesh Chaturti and Varalakshmi Vratham Pooja. Cracked Wheat Payasam-Broken Wheat Kheer-Gothumai Rava Payasam.
Wheat rava kheer step by step
- First take a pan add 1 tsp ghee.
- Add wheat red rava and roast it for few minutes.
- Keep it a side.
- Then add 1 tsp ghee again and add all dry fruits and fry them.
- Keep them a side.
- Take a vok pour milk and boil.
- Once it's boiling add wheat red rava and stir mixing it well.
- Close with lid for 5 minutes.
- Later open it and switch off the flame and add jaggery and mix everything well.
- Now switch on and let it set for few minutes.
- Then add 1 tsp ghee.
- And add elachi pwd and mix well.
- Close with lid for 5 to 10 minutes till all comes close.
- Then add dryfruits mix well and opn lid and mix for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Witch off flame and reday to serve.
Broken Wheat Kheer is a very healthy and tasty kheer (pudding) prepared with cracked wheat (dalia), jaggery and milk. You can prepare this guilt free (no sugar) payasam for any festivals or special occasions. Wheat rava payasam – Godhuma rava payasam made with milk, jaggery, nuts and ghee. This is a simple, easy and quick sweet recipe that you can try for any festive occasion. Wheat rava is similar to semolina but with much of the bran intact.