Milk pudding with ashta cream and bananas – layali lubnan. To prepare the sugar syrup, put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. See great recipes for Milk pudding with ashta cream and bananas – layali lubnan too! Matcha soy milk pudding. four; soy milk, sugar, matcha green tea powder, powdered gelatin, hot water, Brown Sugar Syrup.
Orangey Bread Pudding with Streusel Topping. In my family, cooking is in our blood. WHAT IS LEBANESE NIGHTS DESSERT (LAYALI LUBNAN, ليالي لبنان)? You can have Milk pudding with ashta cream and bananas – layali lubnan using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Milk pudding with ashta cream and bananas – layali lubnan
- It’s 4 cups of milk.
- You need 5 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of cornstarch dissolved in ¼ cup milk.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of orange blossom water.
- You need 1 tablespoon of rose water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of mastic gum, crushed with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- It’s of – For the ashta cream: prepare ahead of time.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- You need 2 cups of whipping cream.
- It’s 6 slices of American-style white bread.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of cornstarch, dissolved in ½ cup water.
- It’s of – For the sugar syrup:.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of rose water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- You need of – For garnishing:.
- You need 1/2 cup of ground pistachios.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pine nuts.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of almonds.
- You need 2 of bananas cut in round slices.
Lebanse Nights Desserts is made from a silky semolina based pudding, topped with Ashta (thick cream), whipping cream and pistachios. The word LAYALI LUBNAN, ليالي لبنان, means Lebanese Nights. This dessert is known for it's fragrant smell of rose and orange blossoms. A very popular dessert throughout the Middle East, this Lebanese Semolina Pudding (Layali Lubnan) includes sweet-tart cranberries, thick coconut cream, ground pistachios, and a floral-scented syrup.
Milk pudding with ashta cream and bananas – layali lubnan step by step
- To prepare the sugar syrup, put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Leave to boil then add the lemon juice and keep on medium heat for 10 minutes until the syrup thickens. Add the orange blossom water and rose water. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl..
- In a non-sticky or stainless steel pot, put together the milk, sugar, dissolved starch and a dash of salt. Put on medium heat and stir continuously until the mixture thickens..
- Turn off the heat. Add the rose water, orange blossom water and mastic gum..
- Pour in a serving container and leave it to cool. Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hr before serving..
- To prepare the ashta cream: Cut off the edges of the bread. Discard. Cut in dices the soft white part. Place the bread dices in a saucepan and pour the milk and whipping cream over them. Let the bread dices soak in the milk and cream mixture for at least 2 hr in the refrigerator. Put the saucepan on medium heat and, with a wooden spoon, start stirring the bread and milk mixture. Once the milk starts heating, add the water-dissolved cornstarch. Continue stirring until the mixture thickens. Once d.
- Immediately before serving, spread the ashta cream over the Layali lubnan. Sprinkle with pistachios, almonds and pine nuts. At the end, add the banana slices and pour the sugar syrup on top of it all..
- Note: You can serve the layali lubnan with honey instead of sugar syrup..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'Ashta cream' listed under my profile..
This vegan recipe can whipped up quickly, then it chills in the fridge until you are ready to dig in. Lebanese Nights, aka "Layali Lubnan" is an amazingly aromatic dessert that is quite refreshing in summer time. It has a rich complex taste stemming from subtle hints of Mastic (aka Mistika, or Mastika in Greek, or "Arabic Gum" (not to be mistaken with "Gum Arabic") , orange blossom water and rose water. The bottom layer is made of the actual pudding, topped with a layer of whipped. Mix all the ingredients together for the pudding together.