You can have Leche Flan using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Leche Flan
- You need 100 g of white sugar.
- You need 6 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 300 ml of condensed milk.
- You need 370 ml of evaporated milk.
- You need 2 pieces of Calamansi or 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- You need 3 tablespoons of water.
Leche Flan step by step
- To make the flan mixture – combine the egg yolks, condensed milk and evaporated milk together and beat in one direction..
- To make the syrup – melt 1/2 cup of sugar with 3 tablespoons of water placed in a pan in low heat. Add in the calamansi juice from 2 pieces calamansi (or 1 tablespoon of lemon juice) and stir occasionally. Take the pan out of the heat when the sugar is already diluted and the syrup is bubbling and starting to turn yellowish in color..
- Assembly and cooking proper – pour the melted sugar caramel in the llanera or molding dish. Distribute it evenly. Then strain the egg and milk mixture using a strainer straight to the llanera or molding dish. Cover with foil and steam for 30-35 minutes. Take out of the heat to cool it down. Serve chilled and enjoy!.