Chocolate Pudding. This delightful pudding is always a treat and easy to whip up using common pantry ingredients. I usually top the pudding with M&M's. Chocolate pudding pie is a three-generation family favorite for us, so I am really picky about how I make it.
Enjoy chocolate pudding the way it is supposed to be made, from scratch, with basic pudding ingredients of cocoa powder, sugar, milk, egg, and chocolate chips. More tips for making homemade chocolate pudding. Gather all of your ingredients before you begin. You can have Chocolate Pudding using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Pudding
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 4 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/3 cup of heavy cream/heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 3 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 100 grams of semisweet or bittersweet chocolate.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Chocolate pudding is everyone's favorite dessert! This easy, kid friendly treat is a cinch to prepare and. If you like puddings and chocolate this creamy chocolate pudding is calling for you. It is the best of all puddings ever.
Chocolate Pudding step by step
- In a bowl, mix together the yolks, cornstarch, sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Then add the 1/3 cup of milk to the mixture. Set aside..
- In a medium size saucepan, add the remaining milk along with the cream. Just before the milk and cream mixture was about to boil, turn off the heat..
- Ladle the hot milk and cream little by little into the mixture you set aside earlier and mix it making sure everything was incorporated well. IMPORTANT: DO NOT POUR ALL AT ONCE THE HOT MILK AND CREAM INTO THE YOLK MIXTURE! IT WILL SCRAMBLE YOUR EGGS..
- Then transfer back your mixture into the pan on a low heat stirring with a whisk constantly. Make sure the heat is low and you are mixing because it might burn under. You will know if the pudding is ready if it starts to resemble the texture of mayonnaise..
- When you reach your desired texture, turn off the heat then mix your finely chopped chocolate. If you see that the chocolate is not melting into the pudding, bring it back to a low heat then mix it until everything is incorporated..
- Do not be alarmed if there are lumps, just whisk vigorously and it will disappear by then. Serve chilled..
This Chocolate Pudding recipe is full of creamy, rich chocolate flavor topped with clouds of meringue. This Chocolate Pudding Recipe is an old favorite dessert recipe in my family. Wish you knew how to make chocolate pudding from scratch? Your wish is granted with this five-star recipe using HERSHEY'S Cocoa. Just use HERSHEY'S Cocoa and add some simple ingredients.