Flan de Queso (Cream Cheese Flan). This smooth cream cheese flan topped with a golden brown caramel is an elegant dessert that can be baked and chilled until serving.. RUN a small knife around flan to loosen. To unmold, place a plate atop the cake pan, hold plate firmly and invert.
In my opinion, flan is one of the best desserts of Mexico besides the rice pudding, of course. Cream Cheese Flan Flan de Queso is a smooth cream cheese custard topped with a decadent layer of homemade caramel. Serve chilled for a sweet finale to your next family dinner. You can cook Flan de Queso (Cream Cheese Flan) using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Flan de Queso (Cream Cheese Flan)
- Prepare 1 (8 oz) of cream cheese.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (about 14oz).
- You need 1 can of evaporated milk (about 12 oz).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with a mixer at medium-high speed until soft. Add condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla; mix until combined. A cross between flan and cheesecake this dessert provides the best of both worlds. Firmer than a traditional flan and creamier than a cheesecake cheese flan will be a hit with everyone.
Flan de Queso (Cream Cheese Flan) instructions
- Carmalize sugar over low heat in saucepan.
- Once browned immediately pour caramelized sugar into a 9 in baking dish/pan (making sure to get on sides of pan).
- Blend cream cheese, eggs, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk until there are no clumps.
- Pour mixture into pan with caramelized sugar.
- Place baking pan with caramelized sugar into a bigger baking pan, pour enough water covering 3/4 of the 9in pan.
- For a more firm texture securely cover flan with aluminum foil***.
- Bake flan de queso for about an hour to an hour and a half (or until toothpick comes out clean when placed in center of flan) @ 350 degrees..
- Take pans out of oven. Remove the 9in pan from the pan with water and let flan cool at room temperature for about 45min to an hour.
- Cover pan with aluminum and place flan de queso in refrigerator. Leave for 4 hours or overnight..
- After leaving in the refrigerator, remove the aluminum and invert flan de queso onto a serving plate.
The Noshery Puerto Rican Flan de Queso: a rich and creamy cheesecake-like baked custard dessert that's not too sweet thanks to the slight tang of cream cheese. As if that wasn't enough, the entire flan is swimming in a pool of shimmering sugar caramel sauce! Flan de queso is like flan and cheesecake got together and had a dessert baby. It has the flavor of traditional caramel flan, but with the texture of a creamy cheesecake. I was watching a hilarious video about flan the other day when it hit me- flan (and flan de queso) can TOTALLY be made to be low carb and keto friendly!