Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding. Pumpkin pie and bread pudding become a dynamic duo in this delicious dessert. I put this together on a whim and loved it. Taste is more comforting than sweet.
It's like a baked french toast pumpkin pie. It can be made ahead and is wonderful for brunch or a holiday. All the flavors of pumpkin pie–plus a few yummy extras–go into this soothing bread pudding. You can have Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of (60ml)milk.
- You need 2 Tbsp of pumpkin pureé.
- You need pinch of pumpkin pie spice.
- You need pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 slice of bread.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of unsweetened apple sauce.
- Prepare pinch of cinnamon.
Bread pudding has come a long way, baby! Once eaten by the poor in early nineteenth century England to make use of stale bread, bread pudding is now considered comfort food extraordinaire. My husband loves anything pumpkin, and this creamy, comforting pumpkin pudding recipe is one of his favorites. We make our easy pudding all year long, but it's especially nice in the fall. —Andrea Schaak, Bloomington, Minnesota.
Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding step by step
- Place egg, milk, pumpkin pureé, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a mug or bowl. Mix well..
- Cut the bread into 1/2 inch dices and add to the egg mixture. Mix well..
- Microwave 1 min and sprinkle with apple sauce and cinnamon..
- Serve hot :).
Pumpkin Bread Pudding takes chunks of bread and soaks them in a rich and spicy pumpkin flavored custard. If you think the combination of bread pudding and pumpkin pie sounds delicious, then you will love this Pumpkin Bread Pudding. These creamy pumpkin bread puddings are baked in pie dishes so they're like a hybrid dessert. Serve the pudding with the sauce. The bread puddings can be covered and refrigerated overnight.