Grandmas banana pudding. Layer a portion of banana slices over the wafers and cover with pudding. Repeat layers with remaining bananas, wafers, and pudding. Spoon on top of pudding, spreading to cover entire surface. and sealing well to edges.
Just Like Grandma's Banana Pudding features homemade vanilla custard, sliced bananas, vanilla wafers, and toasted meringue, so it is simply irresistible. Even if you're intimidated by the idea of making custard from scratch, this detailed recipe makes the whole process a breeze. Grandma's Banana Pudding from scratch….there just aint' nothin' like this out there that tastes so good! You can cook Grandmas banana pudding using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grandmas banana pudding
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 4 cups of milk.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 6 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 box of vanilla wafers.
- Prepare 4 of bananas.
This is the most requested food dish that family members ask me to bring to holiday get-togethers and any other time I can. Sealing is important as the meringue will shrink from the edges if you don't. If you've tall peaks, watch closely for browning of the tips. Banana pudding is a crowd-pleasing dessert that's surprisingly easy to make.
Grandmas banana pudding instructions
- Cover entire bottom & sides of a 9×13 baking dish with vanilla wafers. Cut up 3-4 bananas and lay pieces on top of wafers, covering the bottom..
- Mix flour, sugar & salt together in a sauce pan. Add milk & stir until dissolved. Heat mixture over high heat (never stop stirring) until boiling. Reduce heat to medium & keep stirring for 45 seconds. Remove completely from heat. (keep stirring) Pour 1/4 (give or take) of pudding mixture into a bowl with your egg yolks & mix well. Now pour your egg mixture into your sauce pan with the pudding mixture & add vanilla extract. Stir that together. Don't stop stirring!! You want it to thicken up some..
- Pour pudding mixture in baking dish over bananas & vanilla wafers. Place remaining vanilla wafers on top of pudding & pour crumbs on top. Refridgerate for at least 20 minutes..
It's just not banana pudding if it isn't my Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding recipe! This banana pudding recipe calls for bananas, french vanilla instant pudding, sweetened condensed milk, whipped cream, cream cheese, and cookies. I have always tripled the recipe. I am going to try this recipe for sure! When the mixture reaches pudding consistency, remove from heat.