Best HOMEMADE Banana Pudding. This banana pudding recipe is about as much of a comfort food in the South as it is a dessert. One that everyone always looks forward to digging into to get the perfect ratio of vanilla wafers, pudding, and. Banana pudding is one of our all-time favorite desserts.
By real I mean the kind where you make the pudding from scratch and pour it warm over a bowl of yummy Nilla wafers and fresh cut bananas. This Homemade Banana Pudding recipe makes the creamiest and most flavorful banana pudding ever! Layered with bananas and sweet vanilla wafer cookies, this Southern dessert recipe is hands down the best. You can have Best HOMEMADE Banana Pudding using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Best HOMEMADE Banana Pudding
- You need 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need 3 of Eggs.
- It’s 2 Tbsps of Flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of Milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 4 of Ripe Bananas.
- Prepare 1 Box of Nilla Wafers.
This easy Homemade Banana Pudding recipe is the best I've ever had! Creamy, rich and almost mousse-like banana pudding that tastes just like But my Grandma used to make Banana Pudding Pie when I was little and I really loved it. Which seems weird… like why do I like banana pudding, but. Each bite should remind you of a version of the same Banana Pudding, or Nanner Puddin as its also called, is one of the easiest desserts to make so long as you can make a homemade custard.
Best HOMEMADE Banana Pudding instructions
- Mix sugar and eggs in a medium saucepan.
- Add flour and milk, stirring to combine.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently and cook until thickened. Use the wooden spoon method (dip spoon onto pudding and drag your finger in a straight line through the pudding on the spoon. If it dribbles into the line you made, it's not ready)..
- Stirring frequently is important or it will burn and not look pretty.
- Once thickened, take off heat and continue stirring to cool. Add vanilla..
- Pour over a vanilla wafer and banana layer in an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish. Double recipe for a thick 13×9 dish. Repeat..
- Refrigerate 1 hr for best results.
To make banana pudding, in a large saucepan, mix together sugar, flour & salt. Whisk them together till they combine properly. Pour in the milk & whisk well. While the pudding can be made in advance, take note of the fact that the. If you grew up in the south then this style of.