Maja Blanca. Maja Blanca is a Filipino dessert made from coconut milk, cornstarch, and sugar. Often called Coconut Pudding, this luscious dessert is easy to make and the ingredients are very common. Unknown to many, the original Maja Blanca Recipe does not include corn and milk.
It is often referred to as the coconut pudding, which is a tasty dessert – easy to make and accessible ingredients. Maja Blanca Espesyal is a Filipino-style coconut pudding made extra delicious with evaporated and condensed milk. Sweet, creamy, and topped with latik, it's delicious as a snack or dessert. You can have Maja Blanca using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Maja Blanca
- Prepare 1/2 cup of corn starch.
- It’s 500 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of corn kernels.
- You need 1 cup of fresh milk.
- You need 3/4 cup of condensed milk.
Try this quick and simple Maja Blanca recipe for a creamy, soft and light Filipino pudding made from coconut milk. The perfect dessert for any occasion and can be done in no time at all! Commonly served at Fiestas, holidays and special occasions. It a coconut pudding that is basically a combination of coconut milk, milk, cornstarch, and sweetener.
Maja Blanca instructions
- In a pan add some coconut milk. Let it boil. You can use coconut milk in a can or fresh coconut if you have it, that will be cool..
- Once it starts to boil, you can now add corn kernels and condense milk. Stir it and simmer it in low heat for 3 minutes. Add granulated sugar or honey if you like to be more sweet. DEPENDS ON THE DESIRED SWEETNESS YOU LIKE..
- While simmering it, you can now prepare the other ingredients. Mix fresh milk and corn starch..
- Add the mixture to the pan. At this point keep stirring it on low heat until the desired consistency is reached..
- Put it in any container. Let it cool, and refrigerate..
Maja blanca is a Filipino dessert that is usually served on holidays or special occasions. It is especially popular during Christmas time. The base is like a coconut pudding with kernels of corn and milk mixed in it. Watch them carefully so they don't burn. Remove the toasted coconut flakes to a bowl, let cool, and sprinkle over the pudding before serving.