Bread Pudding. Whip Up Something Sweet Your Family Will Love. Find The Perfect Bread Pudding Recipe! Like Joy, Desserts Are Better When Shared.
This bread pudding is very versatile and lovely in texture. Christmas time can inspire a bread pudding by simply substituting a good-quality eggnog for the milk (or part of it). Also add a pinch of nutmeg and mace to produce a sumptuous holiday dessert. You can cook Bread Pudding using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding
- It’s 8 large of STALE cinnamon raisin bagels, cut in to cubes.
- Prepare 6 1/2 cup of Whole milk.
- It’s 5 of Eggs.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of White sugar.
- It’s 1 of Splash vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of Golden raisins.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 stick of Salted butter or 1/2 cup, melted.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Brown sugar.
Otherwise, enjoy this just as it is with a dollop of whipped cream. Bread pudding is indeed an old-fashioned dessert, a comforting way to use up stale bread. Any type of bread makes a neutral base for a flavorful custard; use day-old sliced whole-wheat, raisin or sourdough. Chewy dried fruit adds a contrasting texture to the tender softness of the pudding.
Bread Pudding step by step
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease a large casserole dish with butter..
- Cut bagels into cubes and place in a large bowl..
- In another large bowl combine the milk, white sugar, eggs, raisins, vanilla and salt and whisk well to combine..
- Pour custard over bread cubes and stir thoroughly. Allow the bread to absorb the milk for 30 minutes or so stirring from time to time. Pour into prepared dish. Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl and add brown sugar and stir. Drizzle all over top of bread using all of it. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until browned and set..
In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture. Equal parts creamy and textured, it makes for a great comfort food. Here are some of the best bread pudding recipes from the FN chefs straight to. I have included the brown sugar sauce and lemon sauce recipes to serve with this pudding.