Baked Sago Pudding. CATEGORIES, Hong Kong + Chinese Cuisine Spread this meringue over the sago pudding. Recipe for Baked Sago Pudding with apricot jam and a feather-light meringue topping.
Sago pudding has both English and Malay roots. The folk at Green & Vegan Pop-up Dinners agree, and describe their sago pudding as "more of a baked custard with sago pearls." Sago pudding with coconut milk and thick palm sugar is a dessert made of sago pearls. Heat the milk until boiling point. You can cook Baked Sago Pudding using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Sago Pudding
- You need 1 cup of Sago.
- Prepare 2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 liter of Milk.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 5 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of Vanilla Essence.
Add the sago and salt and kook over low heat until the sago is clear. Add the sugar and margarien and stir threw. Baked Sago Custard Pudding⎜焗西米布甸 – Peachy Bunny Bakes. A delicious gluten-free dessert, sago is super and cheap to make.
Baked Sago Pudding step by step
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Soak Sago in Water for 30 minutes.
- Boil milk & stick cinnamon on high heat until boiling , reduce heat & remove stick cinnamon & add sago & pinch of salt.
- Stiring continously so that sago doesn't stick or burn , cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat , add sugar and vanilla essence.
- Add butter and eggs and mix throughly.
- Pour into greased baking dish & sift cinnamon on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
There are loads of variations and it's the perfect warming treat! The Best Sago Dessert Pudding Recipes on Yummly Mango & Sago Pudding, Pineapple Sago Pudding, Mango Sago Pudding. Sago pudding is a sweet pudding made by boiling sago with either water or milk and adding sugar and sometimes additional flavourings. It is made in many cultures with varying styles, and may be produced in a variety of ways.