Savory Bread Pudding. Find Out How To Make Delicious Pudding. Whisk eggs, yogurt, milk, cheese, Dijon, and salt and pepper together and pour everything over the bread, making sure everything gets covered. Exact measurement of bread is not necessary.
It's a great accompaniment to the. What sets our bread pudding apart from the crowd is the mélange of cooked vegetables that give the dish a fresh, healthy feel. Like a hearty quiche or scramble, the bell peppers, onions, spinach, broccoli, and tomatoes combine with the eggs for a light, refreshing texture that is perfect for the brunch table. You can cook Savory Bread Pudding using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Savory Bread Pudding
- Prepare 10 slices of white bread, cut into rectangles.
- You need 135 grams of cheddar, cut into super small cubes.
- Prepare 50 grams of butter.
- It’s 1 of large (+- 200 grams) onion, cut into small pieces.
- Prepare 200 grams of ground beef.
- You need 15 grams of parsley, finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 6 of large eggs.
- You need 1.2 liters of half-and-half.
- It’s of Scallion/parsley/green onion for garnish.
Combine the bread, sausage, onions, cheddar and fresh parsley in a large bowl. Make the custard by whisking together the eggs, salt, pepper, and half-and-half. Then pour the custard evenly over the bread mixture. Wrap any leftover pudding tightly with plastic and refrigerate.
Savory Bread Pudding instructions
- Prepare all of your ingredients.
- Melt the butter on a pan on low-medium heat then add the onion. Cook on medium-high heat until the onion starts to smell.
- Add the ground beef on top of the onion. I prefer to do it neatly so everything will be cooked at the same time.
- When the beef is browned, add the garlic parsley, dried basil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp peper.
- In a large bowl mix the eggs then add the half-and-half and the remaining salt and pepper. Whisk everything well to turn it into you egg custard.
- Prepare two 20×20 aluminum foil or a large baking dish and line them with butter. Prepare the bread, the cheese, the beef mixture, and the custard on your range.
- Stack the bread, sprinkle some cheese, then the beef mixture.
- Repeat twice or three times until your baking dish is full. Pour the custard evenly, then leave for a few minutes to soak. You can also make it overheads, cover the dish with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge overnight while waiting for your guests to come.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Pop the dish in the oven for 45-55 minutes until the bread at the top looks golden and crispy.
Cook the vegetables, then combine them with milk, eggs, bread, and cheese. A short soak ensures that the liquid is absorbed and creates a velvety texture. The bread pudding bakes in the oven while you make a side salad or sauté leafy greens to complete the meal. Cut bottom crust and short ends off bread and discard. Fold the chard, bacon, and both cheeses into the soaked bread.