Bread pudding. Find Out How To Make Delicious Pudding. The Best Black Friday Savings On Everything Online. This bread pudding is very versatile and lovely in texture.
Otherwise, enjoy this just as it is with a dollop of whipped cream. This bread pudding is the best I have ever tasted. My husband loves bread pudding and is never satisfied with what I make. You can cook Bread pudding using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bread pudding
- You need 10 cup of bread (I used peperidge farm gingerbread).
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s 3 of egg yolks.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dark rum.
- Prepare 5 cup of half and half, separated.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need pinch of ground cloves.
- It’s 1/2 cup of craisins.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of golden raisins.
I made your bread pudding and he was raving. He almost ate half of the pan. My grandson was here at the time and he kept wanting more. Bread pudding is indeed an old-fashioned dessert, a comforting way to use up stale bread.
Bread pudding step by step
- Measure 3 cups half and half into microwaveable container..
- Add nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon..
- Microwave at 1 min intervals, stirring each time, until heated to 180° F. Let steep in microwave for 30 minutes..
- Butter or cooking spray casserole dish or cake pan. Tear or cut bread into 1 inch pieces and add to pan. Toss with dried fruit..
- Add whole eggs to blender or mixer. Blend at low speed until lightened in color. Add egg yolks and continue to blend..
- Slowly add white sugar, then brown sugar, while continuing to blend..
- Add remaining two cups half and half, still blending. Add steeped half and half with spices..
- Add the rum last, blend until mixed thoroughly..
- Pour over bread in pan. Let sit for one hour, to soak into the bread..
- After one hour, stir, and then bake at 325 for around 45 mins, depending on size of pan. Internal temperature of 170°.
Any type of bread makes a neutral base for a flavorful custard; use day-old sliced whole-wheat, raisin or sourdough. Chewy dried fruit adds a contrasting texture to the tender softness of the pudding. Equal parts creamy and textured, it makes for a great comfort food. Here are some of the best bread pudding recipes from the FN chefs straight to. I have included the brown sugar sauce and lemon sauce recipes to serve with this pudding.