Perfectly Creamy Speedy Rice Pudding. This is the creamiest rice pudding ever. It's so rich and the flavors are absolutely amazing! I'm going to be honest, up until a few months ago, rice pudding just really freaked me out.
Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding is so creamy with the perfect texture and sweetness. Only a handful of ingredients are needed to make this old time dessert. You can cook Perfectly Creamy Speedy Rice Pudding using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Perfectly Creamy Speedy Rice Pudding
- You need 1 packages of White "Minute" rice (aka instant/quick/boil-in-bag rice) ***see note below.
- You need 2 cup of Half & Half (divided).
- It’s 1/3 cup of Granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Raisins.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon.
- You need 1/8 tsp of Ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of Ground ginger.
- You need 1 tbsp of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
This Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding tastes just like the KozyShack Rice Pudding I like to buy at the grocery store, only better since it is made from. Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding is so creamy with the perfect texture and sweetness. Only a handful of ingredients are needed to make this old time dessert. Great recipe for Perfectly Creamy Speedy Rice Pudding.
Perfectly Creamy Speedy Rice Pudding step by step
- *** A bag of "minute" rice is 1 cup uncooked or 2 cups cooked. You can use any rice you like or have on hand. A medium or short grained rice works best for pudding but you can also use brown rice, orzo pasta or even quinoa. The point is that you need to end up with 2 cups of cooked grain. :-).
- In a small bowl cover raisins with about 1/4 cup of boiling water. Let the raisins soak while the rice is cooking.. This is just a little extra step I like to do to plump up the raisins a bit but its totally optional..
- In a medium saucepan place the bag of minute rice and cover with cold water. Over high heat, bring to a boil and cook uncovered for 8 – 10 minutes (or per package directions). Once done, remove bag from water and drain thoroughly..
- In another medium saucepan put 1 1/2 cups half & half, sugar, salt and cooked rice. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce to medium-low and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture has thickened. Make sure to watch closely so the liquid doesn't boil over or scorch..
- Drain any remaining liquid from the plumped raisins and set aside. In a small bowl beat the egg and mix in the 1/2 cup of reserved half & half. Temper the egg/half & half by taking approximately 1/2 cup of the hot liquid and quickly mixing it in then pouring that into the simmering pudding stirring constantly. Add the raisins, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg and continue to stir over medium-low for another 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla and butter, stirring until the butter is melted..
- You can serve this right away or put it in the fridge to chill. Either way is yummy. Also, remember to be gentle when stirring your rice. You don't want to break up the grains too much or you'll end up with a very starchy mushy pudding..
A very comforting and delicious desert. I hope you enjoy this easy, old fashion, creamy Rice Pudding! Starts with Arborio rice and milk and finished with eggs and cream, for the A delicious and creamy rice pudding recipe, cooked on the stove-top, using Arborio rice. Followed all your tips & notes & it came out perfectly! Those notes were definitely a huge help.