Bread Pudding. Our bread pudding recipe is delicious and simple to make, full of flavour. In Canada they eat bread pudding with maple syrup. That's something we can definitely get on board with!
Bread pudding is a bread based dessert that is popular in many countries. It wasn't in my mother's rotation of recipes growing up, so the only other exposure I'd had to the dish was the occasional trip to a cafeteria-style restaurant with my. The secret to incredible bread pudding with a soft middle and crisp edges starts with leftover dinner rolls. You can have Bread Pudding using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding
- It’s 6 of eggs.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 quart of half and half.
- It’s 1 loaf of Sweet Hawaiian Bread.
- You need 1 dozen of KrispyKreme Donuts.
Brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg will fill your kitchen with sweet aromas and sweet memories of happy faces around your table. Pour bread mixture into prepared pan. Bread Pudding is home cooking at its best! Bread pudding is very similar to a baked french toast recipe in ingredients and cooking method.
Bread Pudding instructions
- Beat eggs in a bowl.
- mix all ingredients in bowl until smooth (except for bread and donuts).
- once mixture is smooth, add diced bread and donuts.
- sprinkle cinnamon on the bottom of the pudding pan and pour mixture in pan..
- preheat oven to 350°F and place pan in oven uncovered for 1 hour and 45 mins..
- let cool and cover.
In my house, that means that if I'm serving it in the morning for a special brunch, I call it Baked French Toast. A great way to use up stale loaves of bread, we have fruit-filled sweet recipes, cheesy savory recipes and more great bread. I have included the brown sugar sauce and lemon sauce recipes to serve with this pudding. Being one of the millions allergic to poultry I came up with this so I could have bread pudding too. Sweetened Condensed Milk Bread Pudding Sauce Recipes.