Rice Pudding. Discover Latest Info On How To Make Rice Pudding, Explore Options! Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Rice pudding is the ultimate comfort dessert.
Creamy, luscious rice pudding is beloved everywhere! Coconut Milk Rice Pudding "Love it! Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. You can have Rice Pudding using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rice Pudding
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 cup of long grain rice.
- Prepare 2 of and 1/2 cups whole milk.
- Prepare 2 of and 1/2 cups half n half.
- You need 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3/4 teaspoon of almond extract.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s of Freshly grated nutmeg about 8 swipes.
When milk is boiling, add rice and reduce to a simmer. The pudding is done when the rice and milk have amalgamated into a thick porridge-like consistency. DO NOT OVERCOOK or the pudding will be solid instead of creamy once cooled. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Rice Pudding step by step
- Bring water to a boil and cook the rice..
- When the water is fully absorbed into the rice. Stir in the milk, half n half and sugar. Cook on medium high until simmering. Reduce heat to medium low cook about 30 minutes. Then reduce heat to low and cook 15 minutes more. The rice will become thick and you want to be constantly stirring. When complete the spoon should be able to stand up in the middle without support from you..
- Remove the pot from the heat. Keep stirring. Add the vanilla and almond extracts, cinnamon, freshly grated nutmeg. Transfer the rice to a bowl and cover. Serve once completely chilled..
Turn into a bowl or cups. You can sprinkle cinnamon on the top if you like. Serve it warm and it's perfect for cold winter nights. Or chill it in the fridge for a wonderful warm weather treat! In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar and nutmeg; pour over rice.