The Best Ever Chocolate Pudding. Stir yolks into the hot pudding and cook for two minutes, boiling gently, and of course, stirring. Dip into bowls while still warm. Some of my best memories were made in the kitchen….with my mom, my grandfather, aunts….
I find that using both gives the pudding the best silky, thick, luscious texture that we all want when we're eating chocolate pudding! How to Make the Best Chocolate Pudding from Scratch. First, set a medium sauce pot over medium heat. You can cook The Best Ever Chocolate Pudding using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of The Best Ever Chocolate Pudding
- Prepare of Pudding.
- It’s 5 1/2 cup of half and half.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2/3 cup of cocoa powder, I used hershey's special dark.
- It’s 1/4 cup of salted butter. Equals 4 tablespoons.
- It’s 3 tsp of pure vanilla.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk from large egg.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cornstarch.
Add the sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, salt, and coffee granules. Stir to combine, and then pour in the milk. This Best Ever Chocolate Pudding Cake is one I've made over and over, and it's truly the perfect chocolate cake – it's super moist and flavourful, and yet it's a deliciously tender cake at the same time. The chocolate ganache glaze is total perfection and it's a dessert that our dinner guests always love to enjoy!
The Best Ever Chocolate Pudding step by step
- In a bowl combine cocoa, sugar and cornstarch. Stir until completely mixed together..
- In large sauce pot over medium to medium high heat add milk..
- Whisk in cocoa mixture..
- Whisk almost continually until mixture becomes warm..
- This can take 15 minutes..
- Remove a small amount of liquid and mix with egg yolk in a separate bowl. This tempers the egg yolk..
- Then add back to main pudding mix..
- Continue cooking and whisking until mixture starts a low boil..
- Whisk the sides and bottom on low boil until mix becomes thick and silky smooth..
- Remove from heat and add in butter and vanilla..
- Whisk in until fully melted and incorporated..
- Place pudding into serving dishes immediately. To stop the formation of pudding skin place plastic wrap right on top of pudding until set. For skin just refrigerate uncovered until set..
- Pudding is ready once chilled thoroughly about 4-6 hours..
- Cover unused portions to store in the refrigerator..
- Recipe by Taylor68too.
In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Bring to a simmer, over medium-high heat. In a saucepan, stir together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Place over medium heat, and stir in milk. Bring to a boil, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.