Bananas Foster Bread Pudding. This is the result of weeks and weeks of constantly thinking and obsessing over the idea of a "Bananas Foster." I tend to go down the rabbit hole a bit, but. This Banana Foster Bread Pudding is made with sliced challah bread soaked in spiced custard mixture. It is baked until golden and topped with brown sugar cooked bananas and caramel sauce.
I needed to make something that would tame my wildest of cravings; something so rich and delicious that I would think about it for I realize that Bananas Foster Bread Pudding may not be this heroic for most people but it was for me. This Bananas Foster Bread Pudding fits that bill perfectly, with a splash of rum in the pudding, as well as in the warm rum caramel sauce. It's also a plus that this bread pudding comes together in a flash and is the perfect, warm and delicious end to any Father's Day meal. You can have Bananas Foster Bread Pudding using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bananas Foster Bread Pudding
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Butter, Softened.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar, Packed.
- You need 3 each of Eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of Sour Cream.
- It’s 1 cup of Half & Half.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Milk.
- You need 1 cup of Banana Flavored Rum (may substitute other banana flavored liqueur).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 dash of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 6 each of Bananas, Sliced.
- You need 1 lb of French Bread, cubed.
Unmold and serve with pudding or ice cream. It's warm bread pudding, topped with bananas foster sauce with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream over the top of it all. I love anything with bananas Instead of using 'Ohana breakfast bread, I used French bread. I still wanted the flavor of coconut and pineapple to come through (which comes from.
Bananas Foster Bread Pudding step by step
- Preheat oven to 325°F..
- Cream together butter and brown sugar..
- Add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated..
- Add cinnamon and vanilla..
- Add sour cream, half & half, milk, and rum until fully blended..
- Combine liquid mixture with sliced bananas and bread and fold together until bread soaks up most of the liquid..
- Pour mixture into greased 9 x 13 baking dish..
- Place in oven for 90 minutes or until top id golden brown, and pudding is firm and set..
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting..
Learn how to make Bananas Foster Bread Pudding. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread. What I really love about this Vegan Bananas Foster Pudding is that you can make it with what you very probably already have in your kitchen: bread and bananas. Is there a home where those two aren't a staple? There's rum in this recipe, because it is a riff on the dessert Bananas Foster, and I.