Bread Pudding. Our bread pudding recipe is delicious and simple to make, full of flavour. In Canada they eat bread pudding with maple syrup. That's something we can definitely get on board with!
Bread pudding is a bread based dessert that is popular in many countries. It wasn't in my mother's rotation of recipes growing up, so the only other exposure I'd had to the dish was the occasional trip to a cafeteria-style restaurant with my. The secret to incredible bread pudding with a soft middle and crisp edges starts with leftover dinner rolls. You can cook Bread Pudding using 30 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding
- You need of A. Bread Pudding.
- Prepare 8-10 slices of bread (buttered).
- You need of (Or use croissants, brioche etc).
- Prepare 60 g of butter (melted).
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 of white sugar.
- It’s 500 ml of thickened cream.
- You need of (Or milk. We use whatever available but love thickened cream).
- It’s of B. Sauce.
- Prepare 300 g of milk (or use both cream & milk- anything available).
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of sugar/maple syrup.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of corn flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of custard powder.
- You need 1 tsp of vanila extract.
- Prepare Pinch of nutmeg (opt).
- Prepare of Note: Some using only egg yolks (4-5 yolks) and cream instead of milk for sauce. For this type of sauce, do not add flour for thickening.
- It’s of It’s simpler but for that much of yolks i have to come up with another dish/recipe for the egg whites. Adjust & taste.
- It’s C. of Optional Sauce Recipe (fr drive me hungry).
- Prepare 1/2 C of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 C of half and half.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 4 of large egg yolk.
- You need 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Note: if half and half is not available – use 1 C of milk + 1 tbsp melted butter.
- Prepare of Cream sugar & egg yolk.
- You need of Heat milk to a slightly simmer. Ladle milk into egg yolk mixture slowly until finish & keep whisking in between additions.
- It’s spoon of Return mixture to the pot & heat until sauce thickens & coats at the back of the.
- Prepare of Add vanilla once it cools.
Brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg will fill your kitchen with sweet aromas and sweet memories of happy faces around your table. Pour bread mixture into prepared pan. Bread Pudding is home cooking at its best! Bread pudding is very similar to a baked french toast recipe in ingredients and cooking method.
Bread Pudding instructions
- A. For Bread pudding – prepare ingredients- melt butter. Put aside. Grease ramekins with butter. Prepare bread – use any type of bread available – white, brioche, croissants. For white bread, trim the edges & butter both sides. cut into preferred size. Place/arrange cut bread into greased ramekins. Keep aside. Layer with sultanas (optional / if available).
- Crack eggs, stir in sugar & melted butter until well mixed. Next, add thickened cream. Whisk until well combined. Using a fine sieve, Strain this mixture into another bowl. Then, Ladle this mixture over the bread in ramekins & place ramekins in a bain marie. Bake at 180°C for 20-25mins or until the bread is golden in colour & filling is slightly set. Note: Preheat oven to 180°C & prepare water bath/ bain marie before baking bread pudding..
- B. Sauce – crack egg & whisk in corn flour, custard powder & maple syrup or sugar until well combined. We use maple syrup. Anything available. Put aside. scald milk over medium heat (This is use to temper the egg). Turn off the heat..
- Ladle scalded milk into egg mixture slowly while whisking quickly until well combined. Ladle milk in batches. (Skipping this step, risking eggy sauce & curdled egg/sauce, so, avoid skipping this process). Return to the heat and keep whisking (over medium heat first then switch to low) until mixture thickened. Remove from the heat. Add vanilla extract once sauce is slightly cooled/warm..
- Serve bread pudding with sauce..
In my house, that means that if I'm serving it in the morning for a special brunch, I call it Baked French Toast. A great way to use up stale loaves of bread, we have fruit-filled sweet recipes, cheesy savory recipes and more great bread. I have included the brown sugar sauce and lemon sauce recipes to serve with this pudding. Being one of the millions allergic to poultry I came up with this so I could have bread pudding too. Sweetened Condensed Milk Bread Pudding Sauce Recipes.