Kheer. Boxed meals, side dishes and more. Instead of rice it can also be made with other ingredients like vermicelli, sago and even with carrots. But rice kheer is the traditional one.
There are innumerable varieties of kheer, and one or the other is prepared for every puja, festival or wedding. Rice kheer is undoubtedly the King of Kheers! It is made all over India. You can have Kheer using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kheer
- It’s 2 litre of Milk.
- You need of Rice half cup.
- It’s 1.5 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 5-6 of Cardamom.
- You need of Chopped almonds and pistachios.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Kewra water.
In a saucepan, bring the milk and cardamom pods to a boil over medium heat. Add the rice and reduce heat to a low simmer. Keep stifring to incorporate the starch from the rice into the milk and to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Kheer is indeed the perfect dish to celebrate a festival or just prepare it as dessert at home after a hearty dinner.
- Take a wok and put 2 litre milk and 5 to 6 cardamom in it and boil.
- Then take half cup Rice wash them,dry them and grind them.
- Then put rice in the milk and let it cook on slow flame till rice and milk get mixed.
- Then add sugar and kewra water and cook for 5 mins.
- Take out in a dish and garnish with almonds and pistachios..
Ingredients of Rice Kheer (Chawal Ki Kheer) Recipe: Sweet dish of rice cooked. Kheer is a creamy rice pudding and it's one of my favorite desserts to make and eat! This Indian dessert is served on all kinds of special occasions. If you've never tried kheer before, it's basically a milky pudding-like dessert that has a thinner consistency than American rice pudding. Kheer is Indian rice pudding made with only three basic ingredients- rice, milk and sugar.