Rose water, cardamom and apricot rice pudding – vegan. Rice pudding is a common sight on buffets in Indian restaurants If you're looking for something sweet to wrap up your Indian meal at home, this could be the answer This particular rice pudding is popular in north India, and is scented with super-aromatic cardamom as well a light splash of rose water. I love rice pudding, hot or cold, and I had heard enough buzz from friends about Rice to Riches, that I knew I was going to have to get down to Little Italy A little recipe for traditional Persian rice pudding, delicately flavored with the aromatic rose water and cardamom, adapted from the superb Seductions. Remove from heat and take out cinnamon stick.
A simple, stovetop rice pudding made with coconut milk, studded with pistachios and gorgeously fragrant with rose and cardamom. Remove the cardamom pods, stir in the rose water, and fold in half of the chopped pistachios. Combine rice, water, and cardamom in large saucepan and bring to simmer over medium-high heat. You can cook Rose water, cardamom and apricot rice pudding – vegan using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rose water, cardamom and apricot rice pudding – vegan
- It’s of For the rice:.
- It’s 750 ml of liquid – for eg 1 400ml can of coconut milk + water or half soy milk and half water.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom.
- You need 1/2 cup of short grain brown rice – fill the cup to the top not just to the measuring line; rinsed and soaked for at least a few hours, drained.
- You need pinch of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of rosewater.
- It’s of For the apricots:.
- Prepare 4 of apricots, fresh or frozen or dried – if using dried apricots, use about 15-20 – roughly chopped.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cardamom.
- Prepare 150 ml of just boiled water.
- You need 1-2 tsp of rose water.
- Prepare of To garnish – nice but not essential.
- You need of some crushed pistachios or flaked almonds (toasted or untoasted).
- It’s of some edible rose petals.
Stir in apricots and vanilla extract. Serve warm or cold, garnished with chopped almonds and sprinkled with rose water, if desired. Bring to a low boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. If you love rice pudding, this easy cardamom and coconut rice pudding is a treat your whole family will love.
Rose water, cardamom and apricot rice pudding – vegan instructions
- In a large pot (with a lid for later), heat the milk/ water, vanilla and cardamom. Bring to a boil..
- Add the rice and a pinch of salt. Cover and simmer until the rice is cooked and soft – about 45 minutes. Make sure the rice doesn’t dry out: add some just boiled water if it does..
- In another pan (with a lid for later), on a medium-low heat, bring the apricots, lemon juice, water and cardamom to a simmer. Cover and cook for about 10-15 mins until the apricots are soft. If you’re using dried apricots, you may need more water..
- Back to the rice: when the rice is cooked, stir through the maple syrup and then the rose water. Add the rose water gradually to your taste..
- When the apricots are soft, take the pan off the heat and add the rosewater… again to your taste..
- Spoon the rice pudding into bowls. Add the apricots on top. And sprinkle with the rose petals/ nuts. Enjoy 😋.
Rice pudding is the perfect snack because it is gluten free, wheat-free, and I recommend using a short grain white rice like CA Rose for this recipe. Brown rice will change the texture of the. This rice pudding features cardamom, an aromatic spice that used most often in Indian cooking. This dessert is perfect for when you want something sweet Bring the water and rice to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat, uncovered. When you're ready to serve, discard the cinnamon stick and spoon the pudding into bowls.