Rice kheer and panjiri. Panjiri Recipe with step by step pics. Panjiri is a traditional punjabi sweet made with whole wheat flour, powdered sugar and ghee. The recipe I am sharing here today is a family recipe and one of the most favorite sweet at home.
And I think that's the reason it is so commonly made in India because the basic ingredients are so readily available everywhere. Panjiri Recipe, Learn how to make Panjiri (absolutely delicious recipe of Panjiri ingredients and cooking method) About Panjiri Recipe: The most popular festive delicacy heres an easy and quick Panjiri recipe. A delicious, traditional recipe, without which an Indian festival or puja is quite incomplete. You can cook Rice kheer and panjiri using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rice kheer and panjiri
- It’s 1/4 cup of rice soaked in water for half an hour I used small rice.
- You need 1/2 tin of condensed milk.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Cardamoms powder.
- Prepare as needed of Nuts, almonds, cashew and raisins.
- It’s 1 tsp of ghee.
- Prepare 500 ml of milk.
Panjiri is a staple from the Punjab region of the Pakistan and India. treated as a nutritional supplement. It is made from whole-wheat flour fried in sugar and ghee, heavily laced with dried fruits and herbal gums. It is usually eaten in the winters to ward off cold. Kheer is an Indian version of rice pudding cooked with milk and sugar, flavored with nuts and saffron.
Rice kheer and panjiri instructions
- First boiled rice in 1 cup of in pressure cooker 1 whistle on high flame and second on slow flame.
- After cool open the pressure cooker and add milk and stir constantly when rice very soft and add condensed milk and cardamom powder.
- Add 1 tsp ghee and boiled again to mix it well now add raisins almonds cashew cut into pieces.
- Serve hot and cold.
- For panjiri Tasker 2 tbs of ghee heat ghee in a pan add 1/2 cup wheat flour continues stir till golden brown.
- On the other side 1 tsp ghee roasted nuts and mix in the panjiri take out from the heat add sugar 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup as u desired.
Saffron, almonds and pistachios are optional in this recipe. Instead of rice, make the kheer using only almonds and pistachios and flavor with cardamom and saffron. This is a healthy version of popular rice kheer for it is sweetened with dates and not sugar. For more recipes related to Dates and Rice Kheer checkout Khajurachi Wadi, Khajoori Farhali Laddoo, Date And Anjeer Baked Karanji, Dry Fruit Laddoo. Rice kheer is a very famous Indian dessert which is very simple to prepare.