Khaskhas Kheer / Poppy seeds Payasam. We bring you the recipe of authentic khas khas payasam to you. prepared by our friend Ganesh Raj's mom Susila we thank her so much for her recipe and time! Khas khas Kheer is healthy and simple payasam its south indian recipe Mrs. Parimala Avadhut Godave from Devgad is preparing this kheer for us, with easily.
Sweet recipe KHEER poppy seeds kheer " khus – khus " kheer [or] friday & tuesday prasadam recipes "ghasa – ghasa" payasa / sweet recipe kasa kasa payasam in. I have stock of poppy seeds from India as I don't get the same Indian quality here. Few days back while cooking, the box of khus khus caught my eye and instantly I made this creamy, delicious Khus Khus payasam for lunch. You can cook Khaskhas Kheer / Poppy seeds Payasam using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Khaskhas Kheer / Poppy seeds Payasam
- It’s 1 cup of Poppy seeds.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Almonds.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Cashew nuts.
- It’s 1 pinch of Saffron strands.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Raisins.
- Prepare of Milk half litre.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of Cardamom powder.
The recipe for this payasam is very. Some soak poppy seeds while few roast them. But i feel roasting khus khus brings out maximum flavour from it and the aroma luv it as a drink with mild sweetness. Whichever way, i'm sure you will love and dozz off with this addictive payasam.
Khaskhas Kheer / Poppy seeds Payasam step by step
- Wash poppy seeds and soak in milk for half an hour.
- Remove excess milk from poppy seeds..
- Add half of almonds and cashew nuts to soaked poppy seeds and blend in to a fine paste.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan and add ready paste.
- Sauté on low heat till ghee separates.
- Now add milk, sugar and saffron strands.. let it cook on low heat..till it's starts thickening.
- Add remaining dry fruits, cardamom powder and raisins.
- Garnish as you like and serve hot or cold it tastes equally delicious.
Making khuskhus kheer – poppy seeds kheer. In a fry pan, dry roast khuskhus on low flame till it gives aroma but do not let it brown. Gasagase Payasa or Poppy Seeds Kheer is a healthy and soothing kheer prepared with the goodness of poppy seeds, coconut, and jaggery. If you are following me on IG, then you would have noticed that the Gasagase Payasam will be there on my Ugadi menu. As always some recipes take their own.