Simple rice pudding. Well that settled it, rice pudding it would be. I hope you enjoy this easy, old fashion, creamy Rice Pudding! Here is a different rice pudding recipe using instant vanilla pudding.
Rice pudding is a wonderful way to use up leftover rice. Served hot, it instantly becomes a comfort There are countless ways to make rice pudding, from a simple, egg-less kind, to the custard-like. Simple rice pudding is basically made with rice, sugar and milk, flavored with orange zest. You can cook Simple rice pudding using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple rice pudding
- You need 1 cup of short-grain / pudding rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of caster sugar.
- You need pinch of salt.
- It’s 6 cups of milk (or make the last cup half cream!).
- You need 1 of whole nutmeg.
It is one of the best light desserts ever! This Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding tastes just like the KozyShack Rice Pudding I like to buy at the grocery store, only better since it is made from all natural ingredients. A delicious and simple rice pudding, which makes for a great light bite or lunch on the run. Do tell in the comments! 🙂.
Simple rice pudding instructions
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees..
- Grind the nutmeg – or grate it – or just use about 2 tsp pre-ground. Then add all the ingredients to a casserole dish, and stir them together..
- Bake for about 2 hours, stirring it at least once (minimise stirring if you want a skin to form)..
- Delicious as it is, but if you like you can serve with a sprinkling of extra nutmeg, or a dollop of strawberry jam..
As I get older, the more I realize the old. Add rice and adjust heat to maintain a low simmer. This very simple recipe for Black Rice Pudding may very well make you finally put away your rice cooker and start using your Instant Pot! It's wonderfully sweet and super simple to make. Rice Pudding is one of life's simple pleasures and a favorite dessert recipe.