Sweet potato Kheer. Sweet potato kheer recipe – As the name says, It is made from sweet potato. Milk and sugar are used just like any other kheer recipe. Sweet potato is called shakarkandi in Hindi and so this recipe is called shakarkandi ki kheer.
Sweet Potato Kheer Recipe is made from sweet potato shavings, and is subtly spiced, creamy and thick. Enjoy it after a heavy meal of Broccoli Paratha accompanied by Shahi Matar Paneer for a sweet relish. Here is a simple recipe to make Sweet Potato Kheer. You can have Sweet potato Kheer using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet potato Kheer
- Prepare 1 ltr of full cream milk.
- It’s 250 gms of boiled mashed sweet potato.
- It’s to taste of Sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of Cardamom powder half tsp.
- You need 150 gms of Khoya.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Rice flour ( mix in cold milk.
- It’s of Avoid rice flour while fasting.
- Prepare 50 gm of Almonds finely chopped.
So get cooking this sweet treat. Sweet Potato Kheer Recipe is a must try sweet delicacy made with sweet potato and semolina. The sweet is simmered in coconut milk and flavored with saffron strands. The kheer is luscious to be had after nice meal on a Sunday evening.
Sweet potato Kheer step by step
- Boil milk add mashed potatoes.
- Add sugar, cinnamon powder.
- Mix rice flour in boiling milk and stir continuously, it start thickening, add khoya.
- It starts giving a creamy texture.
- Add a chopped dry fruits.
- Switch off the flame, serve chilled.. specially in Earthen pots.
Adding sweet potato is also another way to eat something healthy and not worry about extra calories. Serve the Sweet Potato Kheer Recipe after a Lucknowi Murg. Add sweet potatoes and sauté for two to three minutes. As the sweet potato gets cooked the milk will thicken. Add half the rose petals and green cardamom powder and stir and cook till the mixture thickens slightly.