Ramona’s Chocolate Mousse Pie. Check Our Step-By-Step Guide To Bake Up A Sweet Treat For Your Loved Ones. Great recipe for Ramona's Chocolate Mousse Pie. This is a rich and wonderful no-bake recipe I made for my friend's birthday.
Use your favorite pie crust recipe or a store-bought graham cracker crust. Pour into the prepared graham cracker crust and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Top the pie with the remaining whipped cream and serve. You can have Ramona’s Chocolate Mousse Pie using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ramona’s Chocolate Mousse Pie
- It’s 1 of store bought (or home-made) chocolate graham cracker pie crust.
- Prepare 1 (8 oz.) of package of cream cheese room temperature.
- You need 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- It’s 3/4 cup of + 3 tbs powdered sugar.
- You need pinch of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of + 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream.
Photo Credit: Ramona King When the chocolate mixture has cooled, gently fold in two-thirds of the whipped cream until completely incorporated. Pour into the prepared graham cracker crust and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Top the pie with the remaining whipped cream and serve. Then the pie has a layer of chocolate mousse filling.
Ramona’s Chocolate Mousse Pie instructions
- Combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream and cocoa powder. Beat for 5 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup of powdered sugar, salt and vanilla and mix..
- In separate bowl, beat 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream with 3 tbs of powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold this mixture into chocolate cream cheese mixture..
- Place mixture into pie shell and chill for 3-4 hours..
This filling is made by melting chocolate chips and mixing in an egg yolk, sugar and heavy cream. I spread it on top of the crust and then chill the pie for a while. This mousse filling is rich and creamy and adds a delicious chocolate taste to the Oreo cookie pie. You'll love how simple it is to make! These points are based on blue but I am fairly certain they would be the same.