Indian Rice Pudding. This is a very flavorful Basmati rice pudding made with coconut milk, raisins, cardamom, and toasted almonds and pistachios. This is a very flavorful Indian rice pudding. Creamy and aromatic Rice Kheer aka Indian Rice Pudding is made with basic ingredients, and is the quintessential Indian dessert that every Indian grows up eating.
It's traditionally made with milk, sugar, and Basmati rice (or rice, tapioca, vermicelli, or sweet corn), and flavored with. Traditional cardamom-scented Indian rice pudding owes its particular richness to the inclusion of whole milk, which has been reduced by half during the cooking. Transfer the rice pudding to a bowl. You can cook Indian Rice Pudding using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indian Rice Pudding
- Prepare 2 cup of Basmati or other long grain white rice.
- Prepare 3 cup of Whole milk (4%).
- Prepare 1 can of Coconut milk (13.5 ounces).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of Ground cardamom.
- You need 1 cup of Golden raisins.
- You need 1 cup of Chopped pistachios or almonds.
Add the sugar and taste, adding more sugar if you want it sweeter. Learn how to make Indian Rice pudding (One of the most popular Indian dessert) made using milk, rice, sugar, saffron and green cardamom. There's no denying that rice pudding is at the top of the list when it comes to comforting desserts. The difference in the Indian rice.
Indian Rice Pudding step by step
- Cook the rice with 3.5 cups water. Set aside..
- In a large nonstick pan, heat the rice and milk until boiling..
- Reduce to a simmer and stir until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes..
- Add in all remaining ingredients except the raisins and nuts..
- Stir continuously while cooking another 5-10 minutes until slightly thickened..
- Remove from heat. Add the raisins and nuts..
- Transfer pudding to a serving dish. Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding. This will prevent a "skin" from forming..
- Serve at room temperature or chilled..
Rice pudding is a dish made from rice mixed with water or milk and other ingredients such as cinnamon and raisins. Variants are used for either desserts or dinners. Indian rice pudding, or Indian Kheer, is made by boiling rice, milk, sugar, and tasty ingredients into a delicious pudding you can make in your Instant Pot! The Kheer will be creamy, aromatic. Firni – Rice Pudding – a dessert from Indian Subcontinent.