Bebinca. Bebinca, also known as bibik or bebinka, is a type of pudding and a traditional Indo-Portuguese dessert. It is a traditional sweet of Goa, specially popular during Christmas. It is also easily available to carry and preserve for a long time or eaten fresh.
Bebinca is also known as bibic or bebinka. Bebinca recipe is a delicacy made during all festive occasions in Goa. Traditional Bebinca has about seven to sixteen layers but you can have as many as you wish. You can cook Bebinca using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bebinca
- It’s 250 grams of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 dozen of egg yolks.
- It’s 200 grams of sugar.
- It’s 400 ml of coconut milk.
- You need 4 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 1 small of nutmeg (grated).
It requires time and patience to cook this delicious. Bebinca, also called "the queen of Goan desserts," is a seven- to. Bebinca is a typical sweet delicacy from Goa made with eggs as a main ingredients. You need to layer this egg custard based cake to create the desired effect.
Bebinca step by step
- Mix the coconut milk and sugar together and stir till the sugar is completely dissolved..
- In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks till creamy..
- Add the coconut milk and mix well..
- Add all the flour to this, a little at a time, making sure that no lumps are left..
- Pre-heat your grill..
- Put a tablespoonful of ghee in a baking pan. Put this pan under the grill till the ghee melts.Take it out from under the grill and pour some of the prepared batter into it to form a 1/4" thick layer. Put back under the grill and cook till the top is golden. Monitor frequently..
- Remove from under the grill and immediately add 1/2 tablespoon of ghee on the previous layer. Pour another layer of batter of the same thickness as the previous one. Cook under the grill till golden. Keep repeating the layering process till all the batter is used. The last layer must be ghee..
- When it is done, turn the Bebinca over on a flat dish..
- Cut into slices and serve warm or cool..
Bebinca is a traditional Goan dessert, an egg and coconut milk pudding popular during the holidays. This Sweet Potato Bebinca come from Nik Sharma's cookbook, Season, and this version is what he calls a "mock bebinca" that is fragrant with a touch of nutmeg. Mix the coconut milk,sugar and nutmeg and add to the beaten egg yolks and make a batter. Slowly add the flour making sure there are no lumps. Bebinca, also known as Bebik is a traditional rich Goan dessert.