Indian Rice Pudding. This is a very flavorful Basmati rice pudding made with coconut milk, raisins, cardamom, and toasted almonds and pistachios. This is a very flavorful Indian rice pudding. Creamy and aromatic Rice Kheer aka Indian Rice Pudding is made with basic ingredients, and is the quintessential Indian dessert that every Indian grows up eating.
It's traditionally made with milk, sugar, and Basmati rice (or rice, tapioca, vermicelli, or sweet corn), and flavored with. Traditional cardamom-scented Indian rice pudding owes its particular richness to the inclusion of whole milk, which has been reduced by half during the cooking. Transfer the rice pudding to a bowl. You can have Indian Rice Pudding using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indian Rice Pudding
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar (1 cup for sweet toothes).
- It’s 1 tsp. of Nutmeg.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Cardamom (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of Cinnamon.
- You need 2 tbsp. of Almonds (optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp. of Pistachios (optional).
- You need 1 tbsp. of Raisins (optional).
- It’s 4 cups of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of rice (reduce to 1/4 for thinner result).
Add the sugar and taste, adding more sugar if you want it sweeter. Learn how to make Indian Rice pudding (One of the most popular Indian dessert) made using milk, rice, sugar, saffron and green cardamom. There's no denying that rice pudding is at the top of the list when it comes to comforting desserts. The difference in the Indian rice.
Indian Rice Pudding step by step
- Check rice for dirt or debris, wash thoroughly. Sticky rice is best..
- Add milk in a pot. Bring to a boil. Add washed rice. Stir until mixture thickens. (If adding ground almonds (paste), add a few minutes prior to the rice).
- When rice is nearly cooked and mixture has thickened, add sugar, raisins, and almonds. Cook for 4-5 minutes while stirring continuously to smooth out lumps and prevent sticking.
- When pudding gets to desired consistency, add nutmeg, cinnamon, and cardamom. Stir in and cook for about a minute, then remove from heat and let stand for a few minutes..
- Serve hot or cold. To garnish, sprinkle on a little chopped almonds and/or chopped pistachios.
Rice pudding is a dish made from rice mixed with water or milk and other ingredients such as cinnamon and raisins. Variants are used for either desserts or dinners. Indian rice pudding, or Indian Kheer, is made by boiling rice, milk, sugar, and tasty ingredients into a delicious pudding you can make in your Instant Pot! The Kheer will be creamy, aromatic. Firni – Rice Pudding – a dessert from Indian Subcontinent.