Indian Carrot Pudding : Gajar Halva.
You can cook Indian Carrot Pudding : Gajar Halva using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indian Carrot Pudding : Gajar Halva
- Prepare 6 of carrots, grated.
- Prepare 4 cups of liquid milk.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 5/16 cup of raisins.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cardamom, ground.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of pistachios, crushed, or silvered almonds.
Indian Carrot Pudding : Gajar Halva step by step
- Pour the milk in a saucepan, add in the carrots and cook over medium heat..
- When the milk starts boiling, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered until the carrots are tender and most of the milk is absorbed (45 minutes). Stir every once in a while..
- Add in the sugar, raisins, butter, cardamom, and salt. Stir constantly until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture starts to thicken..
- Remove the mixture from heat and pour into a serving dish. Garnish with pistachios or almonds..
- Serve warm..