Carrot Pudding. Carrot Pudding. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. It's been a favorite wintertime dessert for us and always. Shredded Carrots slow cooked with almond milk, roasted nuts and cardamom.
We also wanted to try a pudding simply because we've found so many of them in early modern recipe books. Corn pudding and chicken pudding and tomato pudding, all savory and all delicious. If your carrots are bland, increase the sugar accordingly; the sweetness of the carrots makes a huge difference in the finished pudding. You can have Carrot Pudding using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot Pudding
- It’s 3 Cup of Shredded Carrots.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 3 Tbs of Ghee.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream/ Malai.
- You need 1 1/2 Cup of Whole Milk.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Cardamom Powder.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Dry Fruits (Almonds Thinly Sliced+Cashews+Raisins).
Some people prefer a looser halwa, but Ms. Kumar loves the. carrot pudding is a simple dessert that resembles almost no dessert you find in the western world. Carrots grated very fine, are stew in milk and then spiced with the typical warmth of India. This is a traditional English steamed pudding, which I serve with Egg Nog Sauce.
Carrot Pudding instructions
- Take non stick pan, heat the pan on medium flame. Heat 3 Tbs of ghee in a pan, once ghee is hot add shredded carrots to it..
- On medium flame saute the carrots for few minutes. It will get little softer in texture. It may take up to 5-7 Minutes. You can see slight change in color as well..
- Now, add sugar and mix everything well for a minute. Add Heavy cream and milk to the mixture..
- On lower medium heat heat the mixture for 15-20 minutes. Stir the mixture in between to avoid burning or sticking to the pan..
- We need to evaporate milk completely. After 20 minutes, you will see ghee will disperse from the side. Let it oozes out completely..
- Add cashews, almonds, raisins and cardamom powder to the mixture. Mix everything well. Switch of the flame..
- Serve hot with additional dry fruits for garnishing..
Mashed boiled carrots are the starting point for this creamy, flavorful, and colorful pudding. The carrots are mixed with cornstarch (as a thickener), sugar, eggs, margarine, and ground cinnamon. I sometimes have too many and I decided to think outside the box a little for this Carrot Pudding with Indian Spices. A Carrot of a Different Color. Northern India's Punjab region is known as "India's bread-basket," and it's And in a country renowned for its sweets—sugary dumplings, lush puddings, silver-topped.