Shahi Tukda (Indian bread pudding). Fry the bread slices in the hot oil until deep, golden brown; drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Most of the calories in this dish comes from the deep frying and when we skip that, viola! reShahi Tukda or Shahi Tukra is an Indian bread pudding, which is made with golden fried bread soaked in a rich, saffron induced custard sauce. Its origins are from the Mughal era, and Shahi Tukda quite literally means 'piece of royalty', indicating the richness of this Indian / Pakistani dessert.
Shahi Tukda is a bread pudding Indian sweet of fried bread slices soaked in hot milk with spices, including saffron and cardamom. The word shahi means royal and tukda is piece, so shahi tukda translates to royal piece. It is a popular sweet in the Indian state of hyderabad. You can cook Shahi Tukda (Indian bread pudding) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shahi Tukda (Indian bread pudding)
- You need 6 of bread slices.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of ghee for frying.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- You need 3 1/2 cup of milk for rabdi.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of saffron.
- You need 4 tbsp of nuts for garnish.
Shahi Tukda is deliciously sweet, aromatic , flavorful and rich in calories. Combine half-and-half, sugar, and condensed milk in a large pot over medium-low heat. Shahi Tukda Recipe is a delicious and yet simple sweet dish made with ghee roasted bread that is topped with a creamy kesar Rabri and nuts. The addition of spices like saffron and cardamom along with rose water, pistachios and almonds in the Rabri brings in delectable flavours and taste to the Shahi Tukda.
Shahi Tukda (Indian bread pudding) step by step
- Remove the brown edges and cut the bread diagonally each slice into two.Heat ghee in a low flame and deep fry the bread evenly till it turn golden and crispy..
- Mix sugar and water. Boil and bring to a one string consistency. Switch off the flame..
- Take 3 1/2 cup milk in a wide pan. Bring milk to a boil. Add sugar and saffron.Reduce the flame to a medium flame and continue boiling until the milk reduces to half. Rabdi is ready..
- Now immerse the fried bread tukda slices in a sugar syrup one after the other and place them in a serving plate..
- Now pour generous amount of Rabdi over the bread slices and garnish with pista and chopped nuts. Serve shahi tukda warm or chilled.
Get ready to indulge in the goodness of a sweet and simple bread pudding. Steps: In a wide, thick bottomed kadai/vessel heat milk. Add sugar,condensed milk and mix well. Let the milk come to a boil. Reduce the flame and continue to heat it.