Gajar halwa/ Indian carrot pudding. Carrot halwa Recipe with step by step photos and video. This recipe shares the traditional way of making delicious gajar ka Sign up for my FREE Beginners Guide to Delicious Indian Cooking. This traditional carrot halwa recipe uses just.
Gajar ka Halwa (gajrela) is a delicious and rich carrot pudding made by cooking carrots with ghee, milk, sugar and a bit of cardamom. It's the perfect dessert to make for any celebration, including Valentine's Day which is coming right up! It's perfect for Easter too – after all, the Easter Bunny loves. You can have Gajar halwa/ Indian carrot pudding using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gajar halwa/ Indian carrot pudding
- It’s 1 kg of carrots.
- You need Half of cup melted unsalted butter or ghee.
- You need Half of cup sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of full fat milk or 1/2 cup full cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Chopped raisins, pistachios, almonds, cashews.
This is my favorite dessert to make when cooking Indian food. The sweet & creamy taste is a delicious end to a hot & spicy meal. Warm, rich and absolutely delicious Gajar Halwa is flavored with I have very high expectation of Gajar Halwa (Indian carrot pudding). The reason is that I grew up around Delhi and you get the world's best gajar.
Gajar halwa/ Indian carrot pudding step by step
- Wash, peel, grate carrots.
- Add the butter and carrots in a pan and cook till the carrots are soft. Keep stirring..
- Now add sugar to it. Keep stirring. The carrots should change colour to a bit darker shade..
- Now add milk/ cream to it. And cook at sim. Stir occassionaly. Cook till the entire milk/ cream evaporates..
- Now add dry fruits. Save some for garnishing later..
- Serve hot or cold..
Gajar Halwa Pudding recipe is very very very simple to make. For the Almond-Saffron Cream, we just need to whip some Heavy Cream with almond extract, chopped. Carrot Halwa is an Indian dessert, a flourless Carrot Cake Crumble/pudding that is spiced with cardamom and served during festivals. Gajar Halwa is a popular Winter-Spring dessert in Northern India. My Dad's fave version has grated carrots that get slow roasted in a skillet over hours to.