Kheer(Indian rice pudding). This is a very flavorful Indian rice pudding. It's the best rice pudding I've ever had, and very easy to make! The quantities and times are accurate for this recipe.
And I think that's the reason it is so commonly made in India because the basic ingredients are so readily available everywhere. Learn how to make Indian Rice pudding (One of the most popular Indian dessert) made using milk, rice, sugar, saffron and green cardamom. Traditional cardamom-scented Indian rice pudding owes its particular richness to the inclusion of whole milk, which has been reduced by half during the cooking process to produce a thick, creamy base. You can cook Kheer(Indian rice pudding) using 3 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kheer(Indian rice pudding)
- It’s 1 cup of parboiled rice, 4 cups milk powder, diluted with cold wate.
- It’s of Sugar to taste, rose water, roasted nuts or pistachios.
- It’s of Vanilla essence.
Kheer is an Indian version of rice pudding cooked with milk and sugar, flavored with nuts and saffron. Kheer or Payasam is an Indian favorite dessert for special occasions. The rose water and coconut give it such a delicate flavor, the perfect palate cleanser for a spicy Indian meal! Preparation time. rice pudding recipe with step by step photos. creamy smooth pudding or kheer made with leftover cooked rice, milk and sugar. flavored with ground The rice pudding that I made, used some of the spices mentioned above and the kheer turned out to be an creamy and delicious, which everyone in.
Kheer(Indian rice pudding) instructions
- In a pot add the diluted milk and bring to a boil. Add the rice and cook till the milk and rice thickens, stirring to avoid it from burning or sticking to the pot. add sugar and keep stirring..
- Once you achieve your desired thickness put off the heat. Add 1 cap vanilla essence and 1 cap rose water. Stir well and allow to cool completely. You can also place it in freezer to cool completely..
- Serve in glasses or cups of choice and garnish with crushed nuts or crushed peanuts..
Kheer is a creamy rice pudding and it's one of my favorite desserts to make and eat! This Indian dessert is served on all kinds of special occasions. If you've never tried kheer before, it's basically a milky pudding-like dessert that has a thinner consistency than American rice pudding. Kheer is a South Asian rice pudding made by boiling rice, broken wheat, tapioca, or vermicelli with milk and sugar; it is flavoured with cardamom. Rice is among the most in-demand food items eaten by most of Indians.