Indian Rice Kheer. Kheer, a rice pudding is probably the most common dessert that's made in every Indian household. It's one dessert that I grew up eating on a regular basis. Whenever there would be a celebration or a festival or just because we felt like eating a dessert, kheer was what mom always made.
Kheer recipe – Rice kheer is a one pot traditional Indian sweet dessert made for festivals & celebrations. Chawal ki kheer or rice kheer is a traditional rice pudding made for most occasions in Indian homes. Kheer and payasam are the terms used interchangeably and both are derived from the sanskrit terms "ksheer" & "payasa" both meaning milk.. You can have Indian Rice Kheer using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indian Rice Kheer
- You need 1.5 ltr of Full Fat.
- It’s 3/4 Cup of Rice.
- Prepare 2 Spoon of Ghee.
- You need 200 g of Dry Fruits Mixed.
- You need 1/4 Spoon of Cardamom.
- It’s 1/4 Tea Spoon of Saffron (Kesar).
- You need 1 Cup of Sugar.
Rice kheer is made with full fat milk. Kheer or Payasam is a type of pudding from the Indian subcontinent, made by boiling milk and sugar with one of the following: rice, broken wheat, millet, tapioca, vermicelli, or sweet corn. It is flavoured with desiccated coconut, cardamom, raisins, saffron, cashews, pistachios, almonds or other dry fruits and nuts. It is typically served during a meal or as a dessert Rice Kheer Recipe – About Rice Kheer Recipe
Indian Rice Kheer step by step
- Wash the rice and keep it aside for few mins.
- Take any pan and add 2 spoon ghee. Let it be on the flame for few seconds and add the washed rice. Stir it for few mins until it's fried..
- Now take milk in a flat bottom deep pan and boil it for ten mins. Keep stirring it so that it does not stick to the bottom..
- Once the milk becomes a bit thick add the fried rice and keep on stirring until the rice is cooked and milk becomes thicker..
- Add sugar to taste… Keep on stirring for 1 min.. Add the dry fruits… Add cardamom powder… Add saffron power… Keep on stirring to save it from sticking to the bottom of pan….
- Kheer is ready… Sprinkle few sliced/whole dry fruits on top. Serve it hot or chilled… 🙂☺.
Kheer Recipe: Kheer is a rice pudding made across India, it is simlar to rice payasam made in south Indian homes. One of the most favourite Indian dessert rice kheer can be made quickly and easily with just a few ingredients. Kheer is indeed the perfect dish to celebrate a festival or just prepare it as dessert at home after a hearty dinner. Add the cardamom pods and rice to the milk. Slowly bring to the boil then lower the heat and simmer rapidly, stirring from time to time to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.