Rava Kesari (semolina and saffron pudding) # South Indian recipe contest. Saffron Semolina Pudding recipe: Kesari Bhaath is a sweet and creamy dessert spiced with aromatic cardamom and flecked with strands of saffron and ghee fried cashewnuts. One of the most basic and loved sweets in the whole of India – Semolina Pudding. The North Indians refer to it as Sooji or Suji Halwa while the South Indians know it as Rava Kesari or simply Kesari.
If you follow my steps then you can get this perfect each time. Another important thing is if you want a good kesari then you have to add generous amount of ghee in this, this makes the kesari to melt in your mouth. Kesari (Semolina Pudding) Recipe, Learn how to make Kesari (Semolina Pudding) (absolutely delicious This Kesari (Semolina Pudding) recipe is Excellent and find more Great recipes, tried & tested Kesari is a delectable Indian dessert made with sooji, saffron, nuts and the richness of ghee. You can have Rava Kesari (semolina and saffron pudding) # South Indian recipe contest using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rava Kesari (semolina and saffron pudding) # South Indian recipe contest
- Prepare 1 cup of semolina 3 cup milk 8 tablespoon ghee or butter. Halwa made in butter is more tasty.
- You need 1 cup of sugar 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder 12 to 15 strands of saffron 2 tablespoon raisins 2 drops orange colour.
- Prepare 18-20 of cashew nuts.
- Prepare of Some chopped pistachios to garnish.
Rava Kesari – moist, melt in the mouth Indian semolina dessert that is prepared as a festival special for occasions like Navratri. Rava kesari – Semolina pudding – Suji halwa – Sheera. In Maharashtra and Karnataka, it is distributed to the devotees as a 'Satyanarayana Prasad', after the Add ghee to semolina and roast some more. Roast till semolina starts giving a nice roasted aroma.
Rava Kesari (semolina and saffron pudding) # South Indian recipe contest instructions
- Take 3 cup o milk in a pan and add sugar to it and boil until sugar dissolves add saffron and food colour at the same time. In a pan add 8 tablespoon of ghee and heat. Add semolina to ghee and roast until golden brown. Add raisins and cashew and roast for 1 minute..
- Add boiling milk to semolina and keep stirring until the whole mixture is thicken and the ghee starts leaving sides. Please keep on stirring when adding milk at the mixture can splutter Rava kesari is ready..
- Transfer in a mould to get nice pattern.
- Press the halwa in mould.
- Turn it upside down in serving plate and garnish with nuts and saffron.
Milk rava kesari recipe – Sheera or kesari is one of the most made sweet recipes from south Indian cuisine. It is made during festivals, celebrations and even for breakfast. Since I do not use food colors, I have used saffron to to get the kesari color. You can also skip it if you do not have. Even i make Rava Kesari as frequent as possible to give it to my kid since it has the goodness of Rava/Sooji.