Rice Pudding(Indian Kheer) #IndianContest. This is a very flavorful Indian rice pudding. It's the best rice pudding I've ever had, and very easy to make! Kheer is not as thick as a Western-style rice pudding, and should be still be a bit fluid when cool.
And I think that's the reason it is so commonly made in India because the basic ingredients are so readily available everywhere. Learn how to make Indian Rice pudding (One of the most popular Indian dessert) made using milk, rice, sugar, saffron and green cardamom. Traditional cardamom-scented Indian rice pudding owes its particular richness to the inclusion of whole milk, which has been reduced by half during the cooking process to produce a thick, creamy base. You can cook Rice Pudding(Indian Kheer) #IndianContest using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rice Pudding(Indian Kheer) #IndianContest
- Prepare 5 tbspn of Pre Soaked Rice.
- It’s 1 1/2 litre of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of full cream milk.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- It’s of Cardamon Powder.
- It’s of Almonds.
- Prepare of Chocolate Shavings.
Serve chilled or at room temperature. Transfer the rice pudding to a bowl. Add the sugar and taste, adding more sugar if you want it sweeter. Add the chopped pistachios, stir well, and leave to cool.
Rice Pudding(Indian Kheer) #IndianContest step by step
- Pre soak rice 5 hrs or overnight..
- Mix full cream milk and milk and boil the mixture,bt keep stirring so it dsnt stick to the pan..
- In a medium heat,add sugar,soaked rice,and cardamon powder..
- Keep stirring until the rice cooks and the milk bcomes thick..
- Serve hot/cold,garnish with raisins,almonds n chocolate shavings..
- Enjoy 😍😊.
Indian rice pudding, also known as Kheer originated in the Indian subcontinent. It's traditionally made with milk, sugar, and Basmati rice (or rice, tapioca, vermicelli, or sweet corn), and flavored with Indian spices such as cardamom and saffron. Kheer is an Indian version of rice pudding cooked with milk and sugar, flavored with nuts and saffron. Manjula's Kitchen is your home for Indian Vegetarian Recipes and delicious Cooking Videos. Watch Manjula teach mouthwatering appetizers, curries, desserts and many more.