Indian Rice Pudding. This is a very flavorful Basmati rice pudding made with coconut milk, raisins, cardamom, and toasted almonds and pistachios. This is a very flavorful Indian rice pudding. Creamy and aromatic Rice Kheer aka Indian Rice Pudding is made with basic ingredients, and is the quintessential Indian dessert that every Indian grows up eating.
It's traditionally made with milk, sugar, and Basmati rice (or rice, tapioca, vermicelli, or sweet corn), and flavored with. Traditional cardamom-scented Indian rice pudding owes its particular richness to the inclusion of whole milk, which has been reduced by half during the cooking. Transfer the rice pudding to a bowl. You can have Indian Rice Pudding using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Indian Rice Pudding
- Prepare 180 gm of rice.
- You need 1 litre of full fat milk.
- Prepare acc. to taste (300 gm) of Jaggery / sugar.
- You need 5 gm of Cardamom powder.
- It’s as needed of Dry Nuts (pistachio almonds).
- You need 1-2 tsp of Essence (rose,vanilla).
- Prepare 2-3 strings of Saffron.
Add the sugar and taste, adding more sugar if you want it sweeter. Learn how to make Indian Rice pudding (One of the most popular Indian dessert) made using milk, rice, sugar, saffron and green cardamom. There's no denying that rice pudding is at the top of the list when it comes to comforting desserts. The difference in the Indian rice.
Indian Rice Pudding step by step
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, bring the rice, milk, and cardamom to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly to prevent the milk from burning..
- Add the rice and Reduce the heat so that the milk is gently simmering and cook for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring often. The rice should be tender and the milk will have reduced by half, giving a thick consistency..
- Add the sugar,and jaggery, rosewater or vanilla, and pistachios. Stir and turn off the heat..
- Serve either warm or chilled, garnished with extra pistachios. Goes well with fresh fruit too..
Rice pudding is a dish made from rice mixed with water or milk and other ingredients such as cinnamon and raisins. Variants are used for either desserts or dinners. Indian rice pudding, or Indian Kheer, is made by boiling rice, milk, sugar, and tasty ingredients into a delicious pudding you can make in your Instant Pot! The Kheer will be creamy, aromatic. Firni – Rice Pudding – a dessert from Indian Subcontinent.