Kheer (Indian Rice Pudding). This is a very flavorful Indian rice pudding. It's the best rice pudding I've ever had, and very easy to make! The quantities and times are accurate for this recipe.
And I think that's the reason it is so commonly made in India because the basic ingredients are so readily available everywhere. Learn how to make Indian Rice pudding (One of the most popular Indian dessert) made using milk, rice, sugar, saffron and green cardamom. Indian rice pudding, also known as Kheer originated in the Indian subcontinent. You can cook Kheer (Indian Rice Pudding) using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kheer (Indian Rice Pudding)
- Prepare 500 ml of milk.
- You need 4-5 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 of small bowl boiled rice.
- It’s of Chopped nuts.
- You need of Tiny pinch of salt.
- It’s of Corn starch (optional or if required).
It's traditionally made with milk, sugar, and Basmati rice (or rice, tapioca, vermicelli, or sweet corn), and flavored with Indian spices such as cardamom and saffron. Traditional cardamom-scented Indian rice pudding owes its particular richness to the inclusion of whole milk, which has been reduced by half during the cooking process to produce a thick, creamy base. Kheer or Payasam is an Indian favorite dessert for special occasions. The rose water and coconut give it such a delicate flavor, the perfect palate cleanser for a spicy Indian meal!
Kheer (Indian Rice Pudding) step by step
- Take a sauce pan and pour the milk into it and bring it to boil on medium flame..
- Add sugar and a tiny pinch of salt into the milk and stir to dissolve the sugar..
- Let the milk boil till it thickens (if required, mix 1/2 tsp of corn flour with water in a bowl and then add it to the sauce pan).
- Add the boiled rice to the pan. Mix it well with the milk. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes..
- Put the gas off. Add roughly chopped nuts (like cashew, raisins, pistachio, almonds etc). Mix well with the milk and rice mixture..
- Take the kheer out in a bowl. Garnish it with nuts. The kheer is ready. Serve it hot or cold..
Kheer is an Indian version of rice pudding cooked with milk and sugar, flavored with nuts and saffron. Kheer is a creamy rice pudding and it's one of my favorite desserts to make and eat! This Indian dessert is served on all kinds of special occasions. If you've never tried kheer before, it's basically a milky pudding-like dessert that has a thinner consistency than American rice pudding. Kheer is a South Asian rice pudding made by boiling rice, broken wheat, tapioca, or vermicelli with milk and sugar; it is flavoured with cardamom.