Double ka meetha( indian bread pudding). The Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha is a traditional Hyderabadi dessert prepared with bread, which derives its name from 'Double Roti', a term used for bread during the British era. This Indian version of bread pudding showcases the deliciousness of bread when it absorbs the richness of milk and cream and is flavoured with dry fruits and spices. All Reviews for Indian Bread Pudding (Double Ka Meeta) – of Reviews.
It shares its root with Shahi Tukda, which is a popular dessert in the Awadhi cuisine. Double Ka Meetha can be loosely referred to as the Indian bread Pudding, as it is made with bread and a condensed milk component. Double Ka Meetha is a delicious dessert recipe which is very popular in Hyderabad. You can cook Double ka meetha( indian bread pudding) using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Double ka meetha( indian bread pudding)
- You need 8 slice of milk bread.
- It’s 1 of oil for deep frying.
- It’s 2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 3 tbsp of milk powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 3 tbsp of chopped nuts.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter or ghee.
- You need 1/4 tsp of orange food colour( optional).
- You need 1 of fried chopped nuts for garnishing (optional).
This cuisine is also known as Shahi Tukra made with bread loaf (we mostly uses bread slices) which includes with. Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha is a delicious dessert recipe that is popularly made on the day of Eid. It is made using bread slices and reduced milk and is loaded with dry fruits for a delicious crunch. Here is how to make it at home.
Double ka meetha( indian bread pudding) step by step
- Remove the edges of bread and cut them into cubes .. can cut 4 cubes in one slice…
- Let these bread cubes dry in air over night….
- Deep fry the bread cubes on medium flame till crispy golden in colour.
- Take a pan and fry chopped nuts in butter or ghee on medium flame …
- Add milk and sugar in the pan and stir well till the sugar is dissolved .. then add cardamom powder ,ground nutmeg ,food colour and milk powder and stir well..
- Assemble the fried bread cubes in the pan and cover with a lid and put on low flame till the bread absorbs the sugar and milk syrup.
- Once the syrup is completely absorbed by bread you can remove it from the flame..
- While serving you can garnish with fried chopped nuts.
Indian bread pudding (double ka meetha). bread pudding is a specialty of the Hyderabadi region and sees pan-fried bread slices soaked in cardamom-scented syrup. Double Ka Meetha is a Indian style bread pudding. It is the kind of dessert you want to make for the festive celebration. Double Ka Meetha has a mouth melting texture, sweet tempting aroma, and it is the perfect Indian dessert for large gatherings. "Double Ka Meeta" – This Indian Bread pudding is a specialty of Hyderabad and the name of which would many who have had it, drool like crazy. It is an immensely rich dessert and worthy of special occasions.