Double ka Meetha. Hyderabadi recipes have its roots in very well known Mughlai cuisine. One such delicious recipe from it is double ka meetha, crisp bread pieces soaked into sugar syrup and then topped with saffron and cardamom flavored milk rabri. It is very easy to prepare with simple ingredients like bread, milk, cream and sugar.
Double ka meetha, also known as Shahi Tukra,, is a bread pudding Indian sweet of fried bread slices soaked in hot milk with spices, including saffron and cardamom. Double ka meetha is a dessert of Hyderabad, Telangana. It is popular in Hyderabadi cuisine, served at weddings and parties. You can have Double ka Meetha using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Double ka Meetha
- Prepare 1 litre of milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of custard powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s as required of Finely chopped dryfruits.
- It’s 2 of string saffron(optional).
Double ka meetha refers to the milk bread, called "Double Roti" in the local Indian dialects because it. Double ka meetha recipe with step by step photos – easy and delicious recipe of Hyderabadi style double ka meetha made with sweetened condensed milk. Double ka meetha is a popular dessert from the Hyderabadi cuisine. This sweet dish is known as double ka meetha as bread is used to make it.
Double ka Meetha step by step
- Take a bread, remove the side edges and cut into 2 rectangular shapes..
- Deep fry in oil/ghee. Strain the oil..
- Take a pan, boil the 1litre milk and reduce the portion upto 3/4th part. Add ½cup sugar..
- Take a bowl add ¼ cup milk at room temp.Add 2 tbsp custard powder. Mix them well and pour into the boiling milk slowly and keep stirring..
- Add finely chopped dryfruits, 2 strings saffron. Prepare rabri..
- Spread the bread on try and pour the preapred rabri on it. Garnish with dry fruits. Double ka meetha is ready to serve.😋😋.
Bread or pav is also called as Double roti in a few Indian states. Double Ka Meetha is a very popular dessert in the Hyderabad cuisine. It shares its root with Shahi Tukda, which is a popular dessert in the Awadhi cuisine. Double Ka Meetha can be loosely referred to as the Indian bread Pudding, as it is made with bread and a condensed milk component. Double Ka Meetha is a scrumptious Hyderabadi version of Shahi Tukde, a traditional dessert for Ramadan.