Hesarbele payasa Moong dal kheer. In few regions , moong dal payasam is made using normal milk but in Kerala and Southern region of Karnataka , coconut milk is used. And i prefer it that way. Addition of coconut milk to the moong and jaggery mix takes this payasam to a new level.
Traditional sweet prepared in my family. This green gram dal or Mung Dal is easy to digest, good for kids, toddlers and elders too. Benefits of jaggery are rich source of iron, detox the body, purifies the blood and it is immunity booster. You can have Hesarbele payasa Moong dal kheer using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hesarbele payasa Moong dal kheer
- Prepare 1 cup of moong dal.
- You need 1 cup of jaggery.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ghee.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of cashew.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of raisins.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cardamom powder.
Since the past two weeks, my other half has been under the weather. My poor husband has contracted some kind of throat infection that simply refuses to go away. He has been coughing incessantly, and no amount antibiotics. This moong dal or hesaru bele payasa is made even in ordinary days.
Hesarbele payasa Moong dal kheer instructions
- Dry roast the moong dal till slightly golden brown, add water and let it cook till it becomes soft and mushy…
- In a pan heat ghee and add the cashews and fry for a minute add raisins and remove from heat once the raisins starts to puff.. Keep aside…
- In the same pan add jaggery and 1/4th cup water and melt it.. Add the cooked dal and mix well and bring it to a boil.. Add the roasted cashews and raisins and mix.. Serve it hot with some ghee in top…
As I said this has body cooling ability. Once Moong dal is cooked, add Jaggery and Coconut paste to the vessel and stir well. Similarly, moong dal kheer and poppy seeds kheer are also well known, especially in the southern parts of India. This Moong Dal Poppy Seeds Kheer is easy to make, utterly delicious and rich in nutrients with all the goodness of poppy seeds and moong dal. Today's recipe is Moong Dal Kheer.