Kheer Dom aloo. Kheer or Payasam is a type of pudding from the Indian subcontinent, made by boiling milk and sugar with one of the following: rice, broken wheat, millet, tapioca, vermicelli, or sweet corn. It is flavoured with desiccated coconut, cardamom, raisins, saffron, cashews, pistachios, almonds or other dry fruits and nuts. It is typically served during a meal or as a dessert Dum Aloo is a delicious recipe of baby potatoes cooked in a gravy or sauce.
Aloo kheer ~ potato pudding or potato sweet as is we use to call it was a very regular in my house when growing up. I made it a few times when I first came here after marriage and have not prepared in a very long time. As I said, I was going to start my marathon with alphabet "B" and in the last minute decide to start with "A". You can have Kheer Dom aloo using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kheer Dom aloo
- Prepare 10 pieces of Potatoes-10 pieces (medium size boiled and cut it half).
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of White.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Jeera.
- Prepare 6 of Bay leaves.
- You need 5 of Kashmiri whole red dry chillies.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Whole garam masala.
- Prepare 1/4cup of Khoya kheer.
- Prepare As per taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Ghee.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Chopped Coriander leaves.
- It’s 2 cups of Hot Water.
Mix whole wheat flour, suji, ajwain, jeera, chilli flakes, coriander, boiled potatoes and salt in a bowl. Add hot water and knead to make a tight dough. Dum Aloo is a very delicious Indian dish generally made from baby potatoes slow cooked in a spicy gravy. The baby potatoes are first deep fried along with spices and then simmered in gravy over low flame.
Kheer Dom aloo instructions
- Take a tawa, fry the bay leaves, red chillies and whole garam masala all together without oil..
- Keep it aside and make it completely cool.After that make it powder..
- Now take a pan or kadai. Pour the white oil.Add jeera..
- Now little fry the boiled potatoes.After that add the powdered masala,and fry it all together for few minutes..
- Now pour the hot water,and add salt. Stir little..
- After boiling started add the khoya kheer. Stir continuously for 5-6 minutes..
- Switch off the heat. Add ghee and coriander leaves..
- Serve the kheer dom aloo with the paratha..
Sometimes they can even be marinated in a curd mixture before frying. Kashmiri dum aloo is a very famous Kashmiri recipe made using baby potatoes simmered in a yogurt based gravy flavored with dry ginger powder and fennel. Kashmiri dum aloo is a very famous Kashmiri recipe made using baby potatoes simmered in a yogurt based gravy flavored with dry ginger powder and fenne. Today's recipe on the theme of 'Festival Recipes' is a fuss – free dessert that is made using the slow cooker. हिन्दी में पढिये : Raskadam Recipe – Kheer Kadam Recipe Ingredients nfor Raskadam Recipe. Mawa ke modak & Kaju Modak Recipe – Easy modak recipe..