Whole moong dal kheer. Find Deals on Whole Moong Dal in Beans & Grains on Amazon. Moong dal payasam is a delicious sweet dish made with moong dal, jaggery, coconut milk, ghee and nuts. Kheer and payasam are the terms that refer to Indian puddings mostly cooked with milk.
Moong dal payasam is an easy and healthy dessert. Moong Lentil is loaded with fiber, low in carbs and fat. This payasam is made with milk, ghee, coconut, moong lentil, jaggery, raisins, and nuts. You can have Whole moong dal kheer using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Whole moong dal kheer
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Green moong dal.
- You need 1/2 cup of Jaggery.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Crushed cashew nuts.
- You need 1 tbsp of Grated coconut.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Raisins.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Clarified butter.
It is an excellent way to include moong lentil in the kids diet. Using Jaggery and Coconut in Kheer: Jaggery gives a unique taste to this sweet. Moong Dal Payasam also called Pesara Paruppu Payasam in South India. It is a thick, creamy sweet dish made using Moong lentils, milk and dry fruits.
Whole moong dal kheer instructions
- Wash and soak moong dal over night with two cup of water.
- Pressure cook green moong dal with one cup of water,after 4 – 5 whistle turn off the flame..
- Heat a pan with jaggery and water to boil,once boiled add the cooked moong dal and cardamom powder and mix it well..
- Add milk and cook for five mins and turn off the flame.
- Heat clarified butter in a pan add cashew nuts,raisins and grated coconut fry it and add into the payasam..
- Garnish with fried cashew nuts.
It's like a North Indian kheer made using the dal. Moongdal kheer or Pasiparuppu payasam is a delicious sweet made with yellow split roasted moong dal, jaggery, ghee and milk. Learn this prasadam sweet recipe with pictures and a video. This popular Moongdal kheer is pasiparupu payasam in Tamil, Pesara Pappu payasam in Telugu and Cherupayar parippu payasam in Malayalam. Rice Moong dal kheer for Babies and Toddlers – Easy to make, tasty and healthy dessert recipe with homemade rice moong dal cereal.