Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha. The Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha is a traditional Hyderabadi dessert prepared with bread, which derives its name from 'Double Roti', a term used for bread during the British era. This Indian version of bread pudding showcases the deliciousness of bread when it absorbs the richness of milk and cream and is flavoured with dry fruits and spices. Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha is a delicious dessert recipe that is popularly made on the day of Eid.
The royal Indian dessert dish is very simple to make. You will be surprised that this kid friendly dessert is made with simple ingredients like bread and sugar. Hyderabadi recipes have its roots in very well known Mughlai cuisine. You can cook Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha
- It’s 1 Loaf of bread.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1 cup of Water.
- It’s 2 cups of Full fat milk.
- You need Few of Almonds slivered.
- You need 1/4 cup of Cashewnuts slivered.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Raisins.
- You need 2 cups of Ghee for frying.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cardamom powder.
- Prepare 4-5 of Saffron strands (soaked ).
- It’s 1 cup of Khoya or Mawa.
- Prepare 1 -2 tbsp of Melon seeds (optional).
One such delicious recipe from it is double ka meetha, crisp bread pieces soaked into sugar syrup and then topped with saffron and cardamom flavored milk rabri. It is very easy to prepare with simple ingredients like bread, milk, cream and sugar. Hyderabadi Double ka Meetha and also Awadhi Sahi Tukda, are two famous form of Indian Bread pudding from two different states. Both the dessert are prepared with Bread and soaked in Rabri, however, both are different in texture.
Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha instructions
- As the name suggests, it is native to Hyderabad City. Made with fried bread, nuts and ghee, it is the most easily done and the end result is something so rich and delish that everyone will just love to dig in.And come to think of it, plain bread is used for this preparation and yet it is so delicious.Serve it warm or chilled, it is the best either ways.No important occasion is complete without this royal dessert in the city.There is that unique Indian touch to this dessert that makes it special..
- Bread is known as Double in Hyderabad, hence the name given so. This is very much similar to the equally popular dessert from the Awadhi Cuisine called Shahi Tukra. Double Ka Meetha is a traditional Hyderabadi dessert that holds a special place in people's hearts here in my beautiful City. This lip-smacking beautiful looking dessert can be your ideal choice for a get-together or a wedding or even a weekend party. Try this awesome dessert for yourselves to experience its flavour and texture..
- Now for the making process of it, slice the loaf into small squares and dry under the fan for a day or two until crisp. Deep fry them and keep aside. Arrange these bread pieces in a serving dish. Add hot milk to it and see to it that the bread pieces are well soaked..
- Make a little thick consistency sugar syrup adding Cardamom powder to it. There is no need for a string consistency. You can add Sugar according to your choice. Pour this hot sugar syrup onto the bread pieces..
- Add crushed Khoya or Mawa to the dish along with Raisins, Almonds and Cashewnuts. Fry them for a minute or two in a little of Ghee before adding on. Serve warm or chilled as desired..
Sahi Tukda is all about distinct pieces of bread while Double ka Meetha is signified by the sogginess. Hyderabadi Double ka meetha, easy rich and a delicious recipe for sweet dish from Hyderabadi cuisine. A delicious Indian bread pudding in which fried bread is soaked in thick saffron flavoured milk. It is specially prepared in Hyderabad on the occasion of Eid and is a popular Ramadan Recipe. A traditional festive sweet from the rich Hyderabadi repertoire, the Double ka Meetha is a little on the sweeter side as the name suggests, but it is meant to be like that – rich and pampering, so go for it!